Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default Race for the Cure ...update.

Seems like there's no one around any more, but just in case, here is
my daughter's latest update on the Race for the Cure.

Remember, I'm still matching donations, up to $100!

Daughter’s Update on Komen Race for the Cure

Hey there! Long time, no update! (Lucky for you, I’ve been a little
busy….this 10K training thing’s got me down! I don’t know who ever
thought that running was fun, therapeutic, good for you, or
whatever….and personally, I think the whole runner’s high thing is a
crock!) Anyway, if you haven’t been keeping up, “Racing with Renee”
was second in both, fundraising and team size, for a long time, but we
have dropped to third in fundraising. That’s out of 78 teams,
though!!! Third…in the whole city!!! There is a BIG gap between us and
second place (about $1,200). We have raised $1,950 so far….thanks to
all of you for your kind, generous donations, and a special thanks to
my dad and his boater’s forum folks! Their donations make up about 2/3
of the total!

Next, we are still in second place in team size, with 35 members on
our team so far. I think the first place team has about 49 members,
last I checked. We are a far cry from last year’s 151, or the previous
year’s 172 members, but we still have some time. If you know you are
planning to join us, please register early so I can get a close
estimate on the number of team t-shirts to order. Don’t forget, the
Race for the Cure is May 9th, Mother’s Day weekend….appropriately so .
You can go to:

http://komenrichmond.org/goto/reneewinckler

to register or to donate. Please remember that you can opt to “sleep
in for the cure” if you are physically unable to be here for the
race….you will still be a part of our team……you’ll just be invisible
on race day! This is a great option for all of you out-of-towners who
want to be here in spirit!

Do remember, we have a GREAT time, every year!!! It’s really a fun
family event, and it ends early, so it doesn’t take up your whole
Saturday!!! Can’t wait for the race!!!

Lastly, if you know anyone who’s about to undergo treatment for breast
cancer, a biopsy, or anything like that, please ask my dad for my
e-mail and phone number...I’m always happy to be a resource when I
can. Again, thanks for joining the team, if you already have! And
thanks for the donations, once again, too!!! If you haven’t joined,
please join today, and bring all your friends!!! I would love to walk
with you!!!

Lots of Love,

Renee
Calling an Illegal Alien an "Undocumented Worker" is like calling a
Crack Dealer an "Unlicensed Pharmacist"

John H