Tim Tim is offline

Default "They didn't study..."

"If you don't study... may as well be a little creative. "

http://www.scribd.com/doc/5107/They-didnt-study
Tim Tim is offline

On Jan 28, 8:25*pm, Tim wrote:
"If you don't study... may as well be a little creative. "

http://www.scribd.com/doc/5107/They-didnt-study

Ancient weaponry, innovative and highly effective.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/25286/Funny-drawings

On Wed, 28 Jan 2009 18:25:05 -0800 (PST), Tim
wrote:

"If you don't study... may as well be a little creative. "

http://www.scribd.com/doc/5107/They-didnt-study

ROTFL!!!

I loved the find X one.

--

"Every normal man must be tempted at times
to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag,

H. L. Mencken
Tim Tim is offline

wrote:

"If you don't study... may as well be a little creative. "

http://www.scribd.com/doc/5107/They-didnt-study

ROTFL!!!

I loved the find X one.

--

"Every normal man must be tempted at times
to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag,
and begin to slit throats."

H. L. Mencken

There's actually a bunch more of them...

Some repeats.

http://www.masalatime.com/?p=419

wrote:

"If you don't study... may as well be a little creative. "
http://www.scribd.com/doc/5107/They-didnt-study

ROTFL!!!

I loved the find X one.

--

"Every normal man must be tempted at times
to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag,
and begin to slit throats."

H. L. Mencken

There's actually a bunch more of them...

Some repeats.

http://www.masalatime.com/?p=419

I like the Engineering Design Economics Test.

wrote:

"If you don't study... may as well be a little creative. "
http://www.scribd.com/doc/5107/They-didnt-study
ROTFL!!!

I loved the find X one.

--

"Every normal man must be tempted at times
to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag,
and begin to slit throats."

H. L. Mencken

There's actually a bunch more of them...

Some repeats.

http://www.masalatime.com/?p=419

I like the Engineering Design Economics Test.

I once taught "Physics for Poets" at least that is what we called it.
It was physics for PE majors. The things the kids came up with for
answers amazed me. I tried to do practical stuff like in the chapter
on Energy and Power:

Go home and look on all your electrical appliances for how much power
it uses, Look on your electric bill for the cost per KW-Hr. Calculate
the cost of using each appliance. Specifically, check your hot water
heater.

You'd think they couldnt screw this up, WRONG. Theyd forget to
convert seconds to hours and end up with some bizarro number.

Or: The stadium is 25 meters high. If you run up the steps, how many
calories do you burn. This was a trick question because the calorie
used for food is DIfferent from the calorie defined as the amount of
energy needed to raise a gm of H2O 1 deg C. by a factor of 1000.
Answers varied by 10 to the 6th power.:some student concluded thay
should lost pounds by running up the steps and some deciding exercise
was useless.

I always gave tests where htey had to figger stuff out and no multiple
choice BS, they hated me. Kids sitting next to each other had
identical wrong answers. What would you do in that situation? I
failed em. told kids who'se papers no grade not to come back to
class. Thought I'd get fired for that but the dept backed me up.

At that time I drove an old '56 Ford truck with no paint on it and all
the windows were broken, it was a mass of rust. After a test, one kid
told me "Mr OHara, someday somebody is going to "key" your car". I
pointed out the window to this beast of a vehicle and told em to do it
and it would be a favor, he went away shaking his head.

This was at FAMU where almost all the kids were sorta poor but they
sure tried. The hardest thing was failing a kid who really tried in
my regular physics class for Pharmacy students but what should I do,
you can't have some kid becoming a pharmacist who cannot do really
simple stuff, somebody would die.

One kid who was a PE major was a huge guy, trapped m in my office one
day, told me he had a coaching job offer and REALLY needed to pass my
class. Offered me $500 to change his grade from F to D. He had
skipped almost the entire semester and had cheated on the only test he
took. I told him, "take the final and you have a great chance of
passing" just to get him out of my office. I failed him and never
returned to my office and left after that semester. Too bad cuz I
liked the kids and the job.

Damn girls would flirt so outrageously it'd want to make you take cold
showers all day, nearly drove me crazy.
Tim Tim is offline

wrote:

[...]

When My sister-in-law was still teaching 7th grade, there was a lad
that came up to her and asked her how long (like down to the week) he
could goof off and still catch up and pass...

amazing

On Jan 28, 11:13*pm, Frogwatch wrote:

You'd think they couldnt screw this up, WRONG. *Theyd forget to
convert seconds to hours and end up with some bizarro number.

Yeah, I'll tell you, in engineering, it's pretty damned easy to get
units messed up. BUT, if you have any real engineering sense, you'll
know when you've got something wrong.