Junior Member

Default What kind of boat is this

So me and my friend were out hiking on an island in Portland OR and we ran across this boat that was beached. The picture was taken with my cell phone, it's a series of 3 images cropped together in panoramic mode

So does anyone know what kind of boat this is. It was really cool and creepy
Attached Thumbnails
What kind of boat is this-image_00127.jpg  What kind of boat is this-image_00128.jpg

On Tue, 27 Jan 2009 22:57:11 +0000, AugustWest
wrote:

So does anyone know what kind of boat this is. It was really cool and
creepy

Covered lifeboat?

Casady

wrote:
So does anyone know what kind of boat this is. It was really cool and
creepy

Covered lifeboat?

Casady

A boat, beached....on a trailer???????

wrote:
So does anyone know what kind of boat this is. It was really cool and
creepy
Covered lifeboat?

Casady

A boat, beached....on a trailer???????

I was thinking...barbecue grill or one of Frogwatch's well-cared-for
contraptions.

Well, If I mowed my lawn I'd probably find something like that.

HK HK is offline

Frogwatch wrote:
wrote:
So does anyone know what kind of boat this is. It was really cool and
creepy
Covered lifeboat?
Casady
A boat, beached....on a trailer???????

I was thinking...barbecue grill or one of Frogwatch's well-cared-for
contraptions.

Well, If I mowed my lawn I'd probably find something like that.

Way back when, in the 1970s, when I bought my first house in the
Virginia suburbs of the DC area, I happened to be on-site one day when
the developer's Caterpillars were working to reshape nature. One of the
drivers hit something that made a huge clang. Turned out to be a tractor
engine, according to one of the guys out there. No one had any idea why
it had been buried. Three bedroom, 2-1/2 bath house. Under $25,000 brand
new. Those were the days.

Senior Member

wrote:
So does anyone know what kind of boat this is. It was really cool and
creepy

Covered lifeboat?

Casady

It's one of Shortpant's cousins in disguise... But I think I have seen
something like it pictured before. Looks like some kind of landing
craft..

wrote:

So me and my friend were out hiking on an island in Portland OR and we
ran across this boat that was beached. The picture was taken with my
cell phone, it's a series of 3 images cropped together in panoramic
mode

So does anyone know what kind of boat this is. It was really cool and
creepy

I suspect its a very early model llife/survival boat. Probably from
a pre-WWII collier or tanker of some sort.

That's what I tell people anyway. It's actually an alien invasion
landing craft and as soon as I find the pilot, I'm going to have his
ass on a platter.

Now I'm goint to have to sterilize the area.

--

When I want your opinion, I'll beat it out of you

A different kind of Boat TV... Larry Electronics 0 November 6th 06 10:12 PM
What Kind Of Boat Is This [email protected] General 5 May 10th 06 01:43 AM
what kind of boat kirk doyle General 1 October 31st 05 08:59 AM
What kind of boat is the one in "50 First Dates"? Walter Singer Cruising 2 March 8th 04 05:56 AM
Who Gives a Rip Whether BS Has Any Kind of Boat At All katysails ASA 0 November 13th 03 05:55 AM