Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default Request for advice.. (boating related)

I find myself the proud new owner of a 1959 Lone Star runabout, complete
with a '59 Mercury Mark 55 motor. Now, I really got the thing for the
trailer, because I need a trailer for the new rowboat I am building in the
garage, and the whole package came to about half the cost of a new jonboat
trailer. It looks like the boat and motor are restorable, from what I
could tell under a foot of snow (it'll be a good six weeks before melt-out
around here) - the motor needs a new distributor, at least, and the boat
wants a fair bit of TLC, but things look sound (i.e. the hull is whole, and
the motor isn't seized or anything). Money's a little tight for the time
being. I figure I have several options - try to restore it, try to find
someone who *really* wants to restore it as a boat/motor unit, try to find
some antique outboard fancier who wants the motor and trade the Merc for a
newer motor that runs, donate the whole kit and caboodle (sans trailer -
that is mine) to some good cause, or use it as a planter. What would you
guys do?

Boating related Boater[_4_] General 6 January 12th 09 01:25 AM
Boating related Don White General 12 January 11th 09 06:43 PM
Boating related (Sorry!) Garth Almgren General 3 September 15th 05 06:22 AM
Boating related? John H General 0 April 27th 05 10:08 PM
( OT ) but boating related Jim General 4 April 5th 04 07:57 PM