BoatBanter.com

-   -   First thing... (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/101787-first-thing.html)

[email protected] January 21st 09 06:14 PM

First thing...

Obama should do is reverse the highly corruptive congressional rules
Pelosi and Reid pushed through protecting, in fact making it illegal
to identify earmarks and their sponsors. It was something the dems ran
on last time around (promising to expose earmarks and the authors) and
reversed as soon as they got into power.

At such a dire time in our country, we need to expell the lowest rated
and most corrupt congress in history...

MMC January 21st 09 07:32 PM

First thing...

wrote in message
Obama should do is reverse the highly corruptive congressional rules
Pelosi and Reid pushed through protecting, in fact making it illegal
to identify earmarks and their sponsors. It was something the dems ran
on last time around (promising to expose earmarks and the authors) and
reversed as soon as they got into power.

At such a dire time in our country, we need to expell the lowest rated
and most corrupt congress in history...

Make pork and lobbying illegal and institute a life sentence (jail not
congress) for any caught taking bribes and we'd be on our way to an honest
government.
Not likely since the people that take the payoffs also make the rules.

John H[_8_] January 21st 09 09:40 PM

First thing...

On Wed, 21 Jan 2009 10:14:49 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

Obama should do is reverse the highly corruptive congressional rules
Pelosi and Reid pushed through protecting, in fact making it illegal
to identify earmarks and their sponsors. It was something the dems ran
on last time around (promising to expose earmarks and the authors) and
reversed as soon as they got into power.

At such a dire time in our country, we need to expell the lowest rated
and most corrupt congress in history...

Let's not get carried away. Remember, their first responsibility is to
their next election. Somewhere way down the list is the well being of the
USA.
--
John H

*Don't take life too seriously; no one gets out alive. *

Cohen The Barbarian January 21st 09 10:29 PM

First thing...

wrote:

Obama should do is reverse the highly corruptive congressional rules
Pelosi and Reid pushed through protecting, in fact making it illegal
to identify earmarks and their sponsors. It was something the dems ran
on last time around (promising to expose earmarks and the authors) and
reversed as soon as they got into power.

At such a dire time in our country, we need to expell the lowest rated
and most corrupt congress in history...

KILL'EM ALL!!

Oh wait - that was the Canadian Goose Thread.

Sorry - my bad.

You may return to your regularly scheduled programming.

I blame Canada.

Don White January 21st 09 11:38 PM

First thing...

wrote:

Obama should do is reverse the highly corruptive congressional rules
Pelosi and Reid pushed through protecting, in fact making it illegal
to identify earmarks and their sponsors. It was something the dems ran
on last time around (promising to expose earmarks and the authors) and
reversed as soon as they got into power.

At such a dire time in our country, we need to expell the lowest rated
and most corrupt congress in history...

KILL'EM ALL!!

Oh wait - that was the Canadian Goose Thread.

Sorry - my bad.

You may return to your regularly scheduled programming.

I blame Canada.

What's the name of that Burger joint?
Maybe they'll add a little something extra in your desert if I call them.

TJ[_3_] January 22nd 09 12:37 AM

First thing...

mmc wrote:
wrote in message
Obama should do is reverse the highly corruptive congressional rules
Pelosi and Reid pushed through protecting, in fact making it illegal
to identify earmarks and their sponsors. It was something the dems ran
on last time around (promising to expose earmarks and the authors) and
reversed as soon as they got into power.

At such a dire time in our country, we need to expell the lowest rated
and most corrupt congress in history...

Make pork and lobbying illegal and institute a life sentence (jail not
congress) for any caught taking bribes and we'd be on our way to an honest
government.
Not likely since the people that take the payoffs also make the rules.

My brand-spanking new Congressman isn't going to like that idea. He got
himself elected based on the idea that he'd be able to bring home our
share or more of pork because he's a Democrat. His Republican opponent
was for reform and term limits, and of course it got him nowhere.

Probably the best thing that could have happened to the Republican. I've
known him since childhood, and I know him to be an honest, honorable
man. Congress would have ruined him.

TJ

MMC January 22nd 09 04:34 PM

First thing...

"TJ" wrote in message
mmc wrote:
wrote in message
[...]

Sorry he left office, we need 530 more or so like him. Repub and Dems. The
Dems don't corner the market on sleeze.