Tim Tim is offline

Default AOL, "For valuable customers like you"

Looks like they've extended their deadline to buy McAffee to their
"Valuable customers"

I'm on their FREE edition!

" Dear bschnautz,

Recently we wrote to offer you a special discount on McAfee® Internet
Security Suite – Special edition from AOL if you choose to upgrade
your existing McAfee® VirusScan® Plus software. We have extended this
early upgrade offer just for valued customers like you. Upgrade before
March 1, 2009 for only $34.99 -- a full 50% discount off the regular
retail price.

Internet Security Suite provides our highest level of protection, with
additional safeguards that aren’t included in your existing VirusScan
Plus softwa

* Identity-theft protection that helps secure your personal
information
* Tools to improve your computer’s health and performance
* Features to help shield your home network from hackers

Though it’s packed with more advanced features, the Internet Security
Suite looks and feels much like VirusScan Plus, making it easy to set
up and use.

As we first notified you last September, AOL no longer provides McAfee
security as a complimentary benefit of your membership plan. Your
current service will remain active until the expiration date, which
you can find in the McAfee Security Center. With more than 5,000 new
online threats discovered every month, you should not let your
computer’s security protection lapse. Upgrade before March 1 to take
advantage of this special early upgrade pricing.

Sincerely,

AOL Member Services

On Thu, 15 Jan 2009 21:42:45 -0800 (PST), Tim wrote:

[...]

A hell of a deal.

Cox now includes the McAfee Suite as part of its deal. I still get the ads
from McAfee though.

John H wrote:
[...]

I got my upgrade for McAfee Total Protection which includes firewall,
Virusscan, etc. at Fry's for free after rebates. I have seen it highly
discounted at other electronics stores.
Tim Tim is offline

On Jan 16, 8:17*am, Keith nuttle wrote:
John H wrote:
[...]

But what gets me, Kieth, is that AOL is SPAMMING for McAfee. There are
still millions of AOL subscribers out there,who will think they need
to buy it from AOL.

So...

AOL gets a cut off the deal and offers it for a profit. Odd, they used
to include McAfee with their subscription, now they're selling it.

Tells me AOL isn't doing to great financially.

and same holds true what I've said in the past.

"I'm surprised they haven't tanked already"

On Jan 16, 8:05*am, John H wrote:
[...]

from McAfee though.- Hide quoted text -

Like others, I used to hate McAfee products. They've changed for the
better. Works well, isn't cumbersome, isn't a resource hog, and
doesn't ask a lot of silly questions, just sits in the background
doing it's job.

wrote in message

Like others, I used to hate McAfee products. They've changed for the
better. Works well, isn't cumbersome, isn't a resource hog, and
doesn't ask a lot of silly questions, just sits in the background
doing it's job.

************************************************** **************

If only your employer was so lucky.

On Jan 16, 10:17*am, "Don White" wrote:
wrote in message

Like others, I used to hate McAfee products. They've changed for the
better. Works well, isn't cumbersome, isn't a resource hog, and
doesn't ask a lot of silly questions, just sits in the background
doing it's job.

************************************************** **************

If only your employer was so lucky.

Go fetch some more beer before your son gets cranky and has to get up
off of the couch.

wrote in message

Like others, I used to hate McAfee products. They've changed for the
better. Works well, isn't cumbersome, isn't a resource hog, and
doesn't ask a lot of silly questions, just sits in the background
doing it's job.

If only your employer was so lucky.

Go fetch some more beer before your son gets cranky and has to get up
off of the couch.

My son is at work right now...probably where you should be.