Default A Geek Question

Upon downloading a message that was a response to my message, I get this:

OK! Maybe we'll get Windows for Workgroups 3.11 back again. Yippee. I can't
wait.- Hide quoted text -

Question: From where comes the "-Hide quoted text-" and "-Show quoted
text-"

Is that from one of my settings in Agent, or from the responder's (in this
case, Tim) settings in his program.

If it's my setting, how do I change it?

TIA

John H wrote:
Upon downloading a message that was a response to my message, I get this:

OK! Maybe we'll get Windows for Workgroups 3.11 back again. Yippee. I can't
wait.- Hide quoted text -

Question: From where comes the "-Hide quoted text-" and "-Show quoted
text-"

Is that from one of my settings in Agent, or from the responder's (in this
case, Tim) settings in his program.

If it's my setting, how do I change it?

TIA

It comes from Sergey Brin and Larry Page two of the most duplicitous
pricks that ever started up a search engine. Anything China wants they
do and screw the rest of the world.

It is from Google's worthless web interface to newsgroups.
hk hk is offline

BAR wrote:
John H wrote:
Upon downloading a message that was a response to my message, I get this:

OK! Maybe we'll get Windows for Workgroups 3.11 back again. Yippee. I
can't
wait.- Hide quoted text -

Question: From where comes the "-Hide quoted text-" and "-Show quoted
text-"

Is that from one of my settings in Agent, or from the responder's (in
this
case, Tim) settings in his program.

If it's my setting, how do I change it?

TIA

It comes from Sergey Brin and Larry Page two of the most duplicitous
pricks that ever started up a search engine. Anything China wants they
do and screw the rest of the world.

It is from Google's worthless web interface to newsgroups.

You can also choose to hide or show quoted text in Thunderbird, which
has nothing to do with Google or Google groups.

On Thu, 08 Jan 2009 10:43:01 -0500, BAR wrote:

John H wrote:
Upon downloading a message that was a response to my message, I get this:

OK! Maybe we'll get Windows for Workgroups 3.11 back again. Yippee. I can't
wait.- Hide quoted text -

Question: From where comes the "-Hide quoted text-" and "-Show quoted
text-"

Is that from one of my settings in Agent, or from the responder's (in this
case, Tim) settings in his program.

If it's my setting, how do I change it?

TIA

It comes from Sergey Brin and Larry Page two of the most duplicitous
pricks that ever started up a search engine. Anything China wants they
do and screw the rest of the world.

It is from Google's worthless web interface to newsgroups.

OK. I thought it might have been one of my settings. But, as I can see from
your response, it doesn't always happen.

Thanks.

Senior Member

On Jan 8, 10:53*am, hk wrote:
BAR wrote:
John H wrote:
Upon downloading a message that was a response to my message, I get this:

OK! Maybe we'll get Windows for Workgroups 3.11 back again. Yippee. I
can't
wait.- Hide quoted text -

Question: From where comes the "-Hide quoted text-" *and "-Show quoted
text-"

Is that from one of my settings in Agent, or from the responder's (in
this
case, Tim) settings in his program.

If it's my setting, how do I change it?

TIA

It comes from Sergey Brin and Larry Page two of the most duplicitous
pricks that ever started up a search engine. Anything China wants they
do and screw the rest of the world.

It is from Google's worthless web interface to newsgroups.

You can also choose to hide or show quoted text in Thunderbird, which
has nothing to do with Google or Google groups.- Hide quoted text -

Wasn't the question... He simply asked "where it came from"...

On Jan 8, 11:17*am, hk wrote:
wrote:
On Jan 8, 10:53 am, hk wrote:
BAR wrote:
John H wrote:
[...]

* The ability to "hide" or "show" quoted text? It comes from whoever
programmed the ability in whatever app he is using.- Hide quoted text -

No one here had a question or a statement about the ability to hide or
show text, you fool.