Default OT : Hold the Press - The best version yet!

Microsoft has announced they are releasing Windows 7, the best version ever!

The news suggests the world's largest software maker may be giving up
efforts to rehabilitate its often-maligned Vista operating system, which
was released worldwide in January 2007.

"We are on track to deliver the best version of Windows ever," Ballmer
told an audience of several thousand tech professionals and journalists
inside a cavernous ballroom at the Venetian hotel. "We're working hard
to get it right and get it ready."

Without mentioning the security and compatibility issues that have
dogged Vista, Ballmer promised that Windows 7 will make PCs faster and
easier to use. He didn't offer a timetable for its official release,
although Windows Vista went on sale more than two years after it was
issued in beta form.

On Thu, 08 Jan 2009 07:47:33 -0500, "Reginald P. Smithers III, Esq."
wrote:

Microsoft has announced they are releasing Windows 7, the best version ever!

The news suggests the world's largest software maker may be giving up
efforts to rehabilitate its often-maligned Vista operating system, which
was released worldwide in January 2007.

"We are on track to deliver the best version of Windows ever," Ballmer
told an audience of several thousand tech professionals and journalists
inside a cavernous ballroom at the Venetian hotel. "We're working hard
to get it right and get it ready."

Without mentioning the security and compatibility issues that have
dogged Vista, Ballmer promised that Windows 7 will make PCs faster and
easier to use. He didn't offer a timetable for its official release,
although Windows Vista went on sale more than two years after it was
issued in beta form.

OK! Maybe we'll get Windows for Workgroups 3.11 back again. Yippee. I can't
wait.
Tim Tim is offline

wrote:
[...]

wait.- Hide quoted text -

On this computer, I'm still on win-doze 98.

still works ok for a Luddite like me....
hk hk is offline

wrote:
[...]

Whatever works.

I have to thank you for including the remarks of the two expert computer
numnutzes of this newsgroup, Reggie and Herring. Both of them
bottom-feed in my newsgroup bozo bin, so I am lucky enough not to see at
least 90% of their posts here.

Reggie's guesses on Windows 7 are completely wrong, of course. Betas
have been out for a while, and an official beta release is scheduled for
later this week.

Herring knows less about computers than I know about asskissing my way
into a commission with the US Army.

hk wrote:

wrote:
[...]

This was not my guess, this was a news article from ABC News.

On Thu, 08 Jan 2009 10:51:19 -0500, hk wrote:

wrote:
[...]

Wow, Tim!

Doncha just love it when someone uses your posts to take jabs at others?
Tim Tim is offline

wrote:
[...]

Doncha just love it when someone uses your posts to take jabs at others?- Hide quoted text -

Well, I WAS kind of wondering why the posts were no more than an
announcement and a non-flamitory reply became agitating..
hk hk is offline

wrote:
[...]

It's sort of humorous when Herring, Reggie, Loogy, and the rest of the
smelly schitts castigate others for the same behavior in which they engage.

Have a nice day, Tim.
Tim Tim is offline

wrote:
[...]

Have a nice day, Tim.- Hide quoted text -

Of course I'm going to have an excellent day, Harry. NY resolutions
are holding well, It's cold but sunny and calm and ...

WOOOOOSH!

Yes your last comment DID go right over my head, because I really
didn't see what it had to do with the subject at hand.

?;^ )

Hold on. - upset.jpg (0/1) L d'Bonnie Tall Ship Photos 0 April 1st 08 09:12 PM
Fought my way off hold! Ted Bell ASA 1 February 5th 07 02:21 PM
No Canoe Can Hold Me [email protected] General 6 April 4th 06 08:36 PM
Maybe you best hold off on that new boat Jim, General 5 April 20th 05 08:36 PM
Tell me after seeing this Coronados don't hold their value. Simple Simon ASA 3 October 27th 03 03:40 PM