Senior Member

Default A boating conundrum..

On Jan 6, 7:36*pm, John H wrote:
On Tue, 06 Jan 2009 18:53:10 -0500, Tom Francis - SWSports

wrote:
After some thought today, I'm in somthing of a quandry if you will.

I don't want another bay boat - not that I don't like them, but they
don't fit my future inshore/fresh water needs.

I'm still favoring the Ranger Z-22 bass boat as a replacement for the
bay boat, but I got to thinking about maybe occasionally making the
trip to do some inshore stuff. *Ranger makes a series called
"Intercoastal" - it's basically a bass boat, but instead of a carpeted
interior, it has a hard deck.

http://www.rangerboats.com/flash/gal...id=5540&gid=40

Triton makes one very similar to the Ranger Intercoastal. Triton makes
a nice boat - very comparable to Ranger in terms of quality.

http://www.tritonboats.com/boat_detail_new.asp?bid=333

Then again, they still bass boats and inshore, on a snarky day, you
are going to get wet.

So that brought me to thinking about this:

http://www.lundboats.com/2009_208_pro_v_gl.html

Full canvas enclosure, that would make for a great wet/snarky weather
boat. *Plenty of room to move around, decent freeboard, easy to tow -
might be a better choice.

And (might as well admit it) I'm thinking a 250 Verado on that Lund or
the Triton would make for a really quick boat which, as we all know,
is a requirement for me. (yeah yeah - I know - spare me the grief.
I've never said I wouldn't buy a Verado and in fact have been very
impressed with them overall. *It's Yamaha I wouldn't buy if you paid
me.)

None of this slow boat to China nonsense. *:)

So, that's where I'm at at the moment. *All this is subject to change
you understand - I'm still in the processing stage - taking my time
this time making the decision.

I like that Lund. It looks as though it could stand up to some heavy water
and wind. The 'bass boats' don't seem to have that quality, although
they're probably faster than the Lund.- Hide quoted text -

My bud had one, nice boat although his was a little small at 15 feet