Default The Duck and the computer

Ok. You guys are going to get a kick out of this.

After being called a chicken, I was finally persuaded by the Duck to go
ahead and uninstall Norton and install AVG.

Uninstalled Norton with no problem.

Went to install AVG and got a message saying my computer already had an
anti-virus program.
So, I aborted the installation.

But, then I started getting balloons telling me my computer didn't have any
anti-virus software installed.

So, I said, screw it, went through the AVG installation again, ignored the
message about already having an anti-virus program and completed the AVG
installation successfully. Installed the latest data updates and did an
initial scan of the computer. Squeaky clean. Great!, I thought.

Then, I tried to log onto rec.boats to thank the Duck and Reggie and I
couldn't get on-line.
Tried to open the Firefox browser and got the "server can't be found"
message.

Uninstalled AVG.
Still couldn't log onto the Internet.

Now, I am ready to squash both the Duck and Reggie.

Went upstairs to my office to log on using my other, XP machine that has run
fine for years.
Couldn't log on. Same deal as on the new, Vista computer.

Then, I happened to notice that I didn't have a wireless connection anymore
either.
Panic starts to creep in.

Gathering my wits. I thought about it for a few minutes, then, on a hunch,
went over into the room where the router is installed.

Mrs.E.'s house cleaning people are here today and at some point right in
the middle of all this, they had knocked the power plug out of the back of
the router with the vacuum cleaner.

Plugged it back in, waited for it to boot up and everything is back to
normal.
Re-installed AVG and it works fine. No problems.

So .... thanks Duck and Reggie.

Time for a freaking beer.

Eisboch

"Eisboch" wrote in message
[...]

I hate when that stuff happens. I hope the beer settles your frazzled
nerves.

Maybe you should take on the house cleaning chores and things like that
wouldn't happen. That's right, you muck the barn. And.....brush the
horsies teeth.

On Tue, 6 Jan 2009 11:04:59 -0500, "Eisboch"
wrote:

Time for a freaking beer.

What the heck, it's five o'clock somewhere. :-)

On Jan 6, 11:04*am, "Eisboch" wrote:
[...]

You ALWAY do EVERYTHING your COMPUTER tells you??????
LMAO !!!!! The big, educated man..........

On Tue, 6 Jan 2009 11:04:59 -0500, "Eisboch"
wrote:

Time for a freaking beer.

Oh oh - you are about to incur the wrath of jamesgang.

Ixnay noay heta ffoay opictay..

So, what kind of brewski? I gave Jack some Offshore Amber when I was
south of the border - he liked it.

--

"An idealist is one who, on noticing that
a rose smells better than a cabbage, concludes

H.L. Mencken

"Tom Francis - SWSports" wrote in
message ...
wrote:

Time for a freaking beer.

Oh oh - you are about to incur the wrath of jamesgang.

Ixnay noay heta ffoay opictay..

So, what kind of brewski? I gave Jack some Offshore Amber when I was
south of the border - he liked it.

Naw. Just kidding about the beer. Too early. I'll wait another 15 min. or
so.
When I was a serious connoisseur of beer, I'd try anything, but my favorite
was
Sam Adams Lager for years. My late German friend used to import all kinds
of fancy beers and a few were pretty good, but they were all similar to Sam
Adams.

Unfortunately, I gave up the Sams due to it's very high calorie content. My
sons drink Coors Light and Bud Light which are horrible, but to be social,
I'll have a couple with them. Or a few more if they are going down ok.
Older age has affected the tolerance for beer.

The absolutely worst local beer is Harpoon Ale. I went to a shark
tournament dinner out on the Vineyard a few years ago and one of the door
prizes was a couple of cases of it. Nobody claimed it or wanted it.

Eisboch

BE - Duck PM\(ZTB\) Tall Ship Photos 2 October 3rd 07 06:00 PM
OT Duck, duck....goosed! JimH General 1 January 30th 06 03:21 PM
If it walks like a liberal duck and spends like a liberal duck Vito ASA 10 December 7th 04 05:58 PM
Dead Duck Thom Stewart ASA 0 July 6th 04 04:32 AM