Default Here - all you argumentative types...

On Dec 28, 11:06*am, hk wrote:
SmallBoats.com wrote:
Richard Casady wrote:
On Tue, 23 Dec 2008 05:08:31 -0800 (PST), wrote:

A spaceship is traveling away from the Earth at the speed of light.

Can't happen. As you approach C the mass increases, becoming infinite
at the speed of light. See any good explanation of Special Relativity
for non physics majors. Einstein wrote one, maybe he needed the dough.

How come, although Einstein was a good writer, no English majors seem
to have ever understood special relativity? Or even Newton. I remember
reading in the Denver paper that 4wd vehicles are twice as likely to
end up in the ditch as 2wd machines. Seems English majors, and many
others, think 4wd makes them immune to the laws of Physics they never
studied.

All wheel drive has legitimate uses: hauling a boat up a steep and
slippery launching ramp is one, snow plowing is another. English
majors think it is for making better time on ice and snow. Four wheel
drive is for not shoveling the driveway and still making it to the
plowed street.

Casady

Yup.. When I get out on bad roads I stay in 2 wheel until I need it..
Basically, my theory is 4x4 is for getting out of the ditch, not getting
in *I always laugh at these idiots who think just because the 4x4 can
get them going faster, it can also stop them faster...

Four wheel drive provides better control on snowy, slippery roads.
-----------------www.Newsgroup-Binaries.com- *Completion*Retention*Speed*

Horse****. They don't stop ANY better on snowy, slippery roads than a
two wheel drive.

On Dec 28, 12:00*pm, wrote:
On Dec 28, 11:19*am, Boater wrote:

SmallBoats.com wrote:
hk wrote:
SmallBoats.com wrote:
Richard Casady wrote:

A spaceship is traveling away from the Earth at the speed of light.

Senior Member

SmallBoats.com wrote:
hk wrote:
SmallBoats.com wrote:
Richard Casady wrote:
[...]

Perhaps if the roads are that slippery and bad you should stay home and
let the professionals and emergency personel do their work.. Last week
when I was on my way to the ER there were hundreds of passenger cars
sliding and crashing in the 6 inches of snow on most roads, even the
main ones. A 10 minute trip took almost 25 as I watch the idiots out
risking their lives and the lives of their families as they would not
take a day off from shopping...

I have a 4WD vehicle. It works quite well in the snowfall we have here.
Stop projecting your incompetencies onto others.- Hide quoted text -

I guarantee I have owned and driven more 4x4's than you and at least
1/4 of those miles are off road... I have been either on 2 wheels, or
4x4 since I was a young kid. Started driving my dad's truck when I was
12.. I can barely remember the last "car" I owned. I drove trucks
professioanlly and was a teamster.. * You like most others who have a
4x4 only get off road if you drive over Karens roses backing out of
her driveway We are a 4x4 family, we actualy leave the house and go
to undeveloped areas to play.. I won't even address you further on
this, you may have been lucky down south there, but you know squat
about 4x4... My wife knows more about 4 wheelin' than you do and can
handle the thing in the woods too...- Hide quoted text -

What idiots like Harry don't understand is that they don't stop any
better than a two wheel drive on snowy slippery roads. Most accidents
on snowy roads are from not being able to stop, not from accelerating.- Hide quoted text -

Obliviously Harry like most of these yuppie idiots you see in the
fast lane in the snow has just been lucky so far... But I am sure he
will attribute it to his superior driving skills learned while he
spent time with Richard Petty and Mario Andretti at a special secret
driving school only for top secret body snatchers and speech
writers...

SmallBoats.com wrote:
hk wrote:
SmallBoats.com wrote:
Richard Casady wrote:
[...]

writers...- Hide quoted text -

He had them aboard his 36' zimmerman like lobster boat, along with a
few ex-presidents.

On Sun, 28 Dec 2008 11:19:03 -0500, Boater wrote:

SmallBoats.com wrote:
hk wrote:
SmallBoats.com wrote:
Richard Casady wrote:
[...]

On icy roads, your 4x4 does no better than a 4x2. If it's an automatic, it
does much worse than a 4x2 manual transmission.

hk wrote:
SmallBoats.com wrote:
Richard Casady wrote:
[...]

*That's* profound!

For you shortwave types JoeSpareBedroom General 0 October 21st 06 08:47 PM
Other wood types Kenton Letkeman Boat Building 3 March 20th 04 01:25 PM
coax types S/V Tranquility Electronics 6 January 26th 04 04:24 PM
Boat Types ? [email protected] General 1 September 19th 03 07:21 PM