Default Getting old

Spent the last couple of days down at my son's Beachhouse on the ocean.

Awoke yesterday to snow, wind and a roaring ocean, so I got dressed, grabbed
a cup of coffee and wandered down to the beach, intending to experience and
enjoy nature and all that stuff.

Stood near the crashing waves for a couple of minutes, snow being driven
into my face, body starting to shiver uncontrollably in a futile attempt to
stay warm and suddenly the older, more mature part of my brain kicked in
with a message:

"What are you, friggin' nuts?"

Packed up the truck, went back to my nice, warm house in Duxbury and haven't
stepped outside since.

Eisboch

On Mon, 8 Dec 2008 13:16:00 -0500, "Eisboch" wrote:

Spent the last couple of days down at my son's Beachhouse on the ocean.

Awoke yesterday to snow, wind and a roaring ocean, so I got dressed, grabbed
a cup of coffee and wandered down to the beach, intending to experience and
enjoy nature and all that stuff.

Stood near the crashing waves for a couple of minutes, snow being driven
into my face, body starting to shiver uncontrollably in a futile attempt to
stay warm and suddenly the older, more mature part of my brain kicked in
with a message:

"What are you, friggin' nuts?"

Packed up the truck, went back to my nice, warm house in Duxbury and haven't
stepped outside since.

What a pansy.

~~ says me who spent exactly 3 minutes outside in the cold before
returning to the warm, wood heated house ~~

"Tom Francis - SWSports" wrote in
message ...
[...]

It was nippy walking the dog at Point Pleasant Park this morning. That stiff
breeze off the ocean sure cools you down
I was glad I had dug out and wore my winter coat.

D K D K is offline

Don White wrote:
[...]

Did your wife make you dress the dog, too?

"D K" wrote in message
Don White wrote:
[...]

Like this?
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v2...t=HPIM0627.jpg

messagenews:883rj4lgrukk6bbadov4o5cnktrens0i2v@4ax .com...
[...]

Went for a walk with SWMBO about noon time and a couple blocks from the
house, thought I needed a coat besides the sweatshirt. Dang Canadian cold
front coming our way. they are saying may be some snow on the hills
surrounding the Bay Area this weekend. Was cosy in the garage where I was
welding on the jet drives stators. One with a chunk out. Dang rocks. Now
to grind the welding to shape.

On Mon, 8 Dec 2008 21:53:21 -0800, "Calif Bill"
wrote:

[...]

They did it - they really did it.

Damn the Canadians and their cold fronts.

Damn them all to hell.

~~ another obscure cultural refernce brought to you by Morons Be Us ~~

wrote:

[...]

You guys cold? It's not even winter yet!
Don't worry, we'll ship more natural gas your way for a 'fair price'. ;-)

wrote:

[...]

You think Tom needs more natural gas, eh?