Default Hey Regie/Russ..

Check out the new CS4 tutorial...

http://www.msjphotography.com/
RG RG is offline

"Tom Francis - SWSports" wrote in
message ...
Check out the new CS4 tutorial...

http://www.msjphotography.com/

Heh. Adobe's been looking over the fence to see what Nik Software has been
doing with their U-Point technology in Capture NX as well as their own
Viveza product. Being able to do local edits in a raw file is a huge
benefit. I've been spoiled by this ability for over a year now in CNX.
It's a cool thing and it's good to see Adobe put it in ACR.

I started working on the 2008 ebook today. It's beginning to take shape.
I've got about a hundred photos to resize and downsample, but I was able to
put together a master concept and design in InDesign today.

RG

On Tue, 2 Dec 2008 22:31:45 -0700, "RG" wrote:

"Tom Francis - SWSports" wrote in
message ...
Check out the new CS4 tutorial...

http://www.msjphotography.com/

Heh. Adobe's been looking over the fence to see what Nik Software has been
doing with their U-Point technology in Capture NX as well as their own
Viveza product. Being able to do local edits in a raw file is a huge
benefit. I've been spoiled by this ability for over a year now in CNX.
It's a cool thing and it's good to see Adobe put it in ACR.

I started working on the 2008 ebook today. It's beginning to take shape.
I've got about a hundred photos to resize and downsample, but I was able to
put together a master concept and design in InDesign today.

Can't wait to see it - it's going to be spectacular.
HK HK is offline

Tom Francis - SWSports wrote:
On Tue, 2 Dec 2008 22:31:45 -0700, "RG" wrote:

"Tom Francis - SWSports" wrote in
message ...
Check out the new CS4 tutorial...

http://www.msjphotography.com/

Heh. Adobe's been looking over the fence to see what Nik Software has been
doing with their U-Point technology in Capture NX as well as their own
Viveza product. Being able to do local edits in a raw file is a huge
benefit. I've been spoiled by this ability for over a year now in CNX.
It's a cool thing and it's good to see Adobe put it in ACR.

I started working on the 2008 ebook today. It's beginning to take shape.
I've got about a hundred photos to resize and downsample, but I was able to
put together a master concept and design in InDesign today.

Can't wait to see it - it's going to be spectacular.

Are the skies in your photos not as blue as you'd like them to be?

No problemo!

Use color control points to repaint those pale skies the vivid blue* you
would like them to be!

Just click the correct icon in the toolbar...

Click the sky...

Drag the size slider to size the control point...

Adjust brightness and contrast....

Save the image using the Save As option in the File menu...

It's easy!

* Or orange, if you want to give your photos that snappy off-planet look!

(Yes, I have a copy of Capture NX2... :) )

Click the sky!

-----------------
-----------------

On Wed, 03 Dec 2008 06:35:29 -0500, hk wrote:

Tom Francis - SWSports wrote:
[...]

Frankly Harry, your knowledge of composing and post processing
photographs is about the same as your knowledge of music and opera.

Namely, zero, zip, nada.

Tom Francis - SWSports wrote:
[...]

Frankly, Tom...I don't post the photos I spend any time composing. I
post my snapshots. I'm really not that interested in the critical
opinions of the snarks here. Also, I have very little interest in post
processing. I'll do a bit of cropping, and a tiny bit of adjusting here
and there if I see a problem, but as I have stated many times, I like
nature as she is, and don't think it important to "improve" on the work
of the creator.

I've taken some first-class photos from the tops of bridges, on oil
platforms, in welding classes, and a million other difficult places,
photos that actually tell a story and get published. I'm not a pro
photographer by any means, and I don't play one in internet chat forums
like this one. My picture taking abilities are adequate for my needs,
nothing more.

Taking photos is a hobby for me, one of many.

I don't post what I've written for money, either.

Your artsy photos? Strained. Frankly, the best and most interesting
photos I've ever seen posted here are the ones Eisboch took of his dog.

Is there a chartreuse period to match your blue period? :)

messagenews:5fsbj4lb3l01nkkn801s3e5gbqfddo5fa0@4ax .com...
[...]

Namely, zero, zip, nada.- Hide quoted text -

Notice he's NEVER posted any of his alleged "good shots" here.

Tom Francis - SWSports wrote:
[...]

Did you choke when you read this line?

"Like a painter, don’t be afraid to embellish a scene to convey the
emotions that you experienced while standing before it. Remember, there are
no rules stating that a photograph must be a literal interpretation of the
world."
--
John H

*Have a Super Christmas and a Spectacular New Year!*

On Dec 3, 6:35*am, hk wrote:
Tom Francis - SWSports wrote:

[...]

-----------------www.Newsgroup-Binaries.com- *Completion*Retention*Speed*

Yep, that's Harry, such a master, he's better than Ansel Adams, Brett
Weston, Karl Strauss, and Robert Mapplethorpe combined, just ask him!

On Dec 3, 7:20*am, wrote:
On Dec 3, 6:35*am, hk wrote:

Tom Francis - SWSports wrote:

[...]

He is far from the other masters, but I would say that in essence he
would be on the same level with Robert Mapplethorpe on at least one
subject.