Default Scanner help

My wife wants a scanner for Christmas. I'm thinking of this one"

Canon CanoScan 8800F (http://tinyurl.com/63poev)

Any recommendations, etc.?
--
John H

*Have a Super Christmas and a Spectacular New Year!*

"JohnH" wrote in message
My wife wants a scanner for Christmas. I'm thinking of this one"

Canon CanoScan 8800F (http://tinyurl.com/63poev)

Any recommendations, etc.?

Unless you are looking for a dedicated photo scanner with photo enhancement
features, there are other similar models from Canon and others that are a
photo scanner, digitizer,copier, fax and printer all built into one unit.

Prices range from less to more than the one you are considering. My wife
has one (forget the manufacture) that she uses all the time for scanning and
making B&W or color copies. It was about $200.

Speaking of scanners, I remember the first one I had. It was a handheld
"wand" that you ran down the paper that had the text or image you wanted to
digitize. It usually took two or more strokes, and then the software in the
computer would "stitch" it together. This was in the late 80's maybe
early 90's.

Eisboch

On Sun, 30 Nov 2008 13:23:44 -0500, "Eisboch" wrote:

"JohnH" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

Thanks for the comeback. No, I don't want to go the 'all in one' route. I
want something especially for photos, and especially for older photos.
--
John H

*Have a Super Christmas and a Spectacular New Year!*

FS - ICOM - R7000 R-7000 Receiver/Scanner [email protected] Electronics 0 July 6th 08 10:12 PM
FS: SPARES FOR 50KW MARINE RADARS MAGNETRONS SCANNER MOTORS CRT'S JRC RAYTHEON [email protected] Electronics 0 September 30th 07 11:21 PM
Scanner height Nicholas Walsh Cruising 27 January 20th 06 01:54 AM
New Airport scanner Capt. Neal® ASA 0 March 6th 05 06:46 PM
radar scanner placement bruce Electronics 6 April 5th 04 07:11 PM