Default My new North River w/ Suzuki 90

This downsizing is driving me nuts. I've had three boats now since
selling the 22' C-Dory a bit over a year ago. Got a Westcoaster 15
that was too old and too much work and sold it. Then I bought my
present 15' Klamath ADW (windshield model) that is fine for me but
nearly impossible to have anyone along as it's so small. A friend and
I had the gunwale in the water two weeks ago as we were both on the
same side measuring a sturgeon - it was a wake up call for me.

I just placed a deposit on a North River BayHawk which is a heavy duty
aluminum boat made in Oregon and one of the most popular brands on the
west coast. List for the package was $26K.
(He http://www.northriverboats.com/boatm...deloverview/6/ )

This boat is very substantial and the fit and finish is extraordinary.
She's 17'6" long and has a beam of 88". She weighs 1500 lbs. Comes
complete with top, side curtains and back drop curtain. And she has
lots of ROOM!

Two identical models were on the floor, one with a Suzuki 90, which is
my favorite brand - I had a 70 Suzy on the C-Dory. The other had a 60
HP Yamaha. For my use the 60 would be plenty as I do a lot of trolling
and would prefer the smaller engine. I don't plan on a kicker for this
boat as I'm trying for simplicity this time. I chose the 90 HP Suzuki
as the price of both boats was the same during this "big clearance
sale" time. I figure these new EFI four strokes can idle for days at a
time and not load up. The specs say about 1/3 gallon per hour at idle.

I'll post more about this on my site when I take delivery later this
week. The dealer is presently adding an instrument package and dual
batteries.

So does anyone have a similar boat and... do you troll with the big
engine? How does that work out? I figure that I'll need a trolling
plate or will have to drag a small drogue...

Dale
www.FishWisher.com

FishWisher wrote:
[...]

How slow do you need to troll?

My Yamaha 150 will troll down to a couple of knots per hour.

The important thing is to make sure you don't drop the engine RPMs lower
than the manufacturer wants. Might be 650 to 700 rpm for that
motor...but check.

On Sun, 30 Nov 2008 09:30:42 -0500, Boater
wrote:

How slow do you need to troll?

My Yamaha 150 will troll down to a couple of knots per hour.

Pretty wimpy motor if you only reach 2 knots with an hour of
acceleration.

Casady

Tim Tim is offline

On Nov 30, 8:25*am, FishWisher wrote:
[...]

Hey! Now that looks like a really fun machine!

Senior Member

On Nov 30, 9:25*am, FishWisher wrote:
[...]

Awesome boat man, have fun..
D K D K is offline

FishWisher wrote:
[...]

Nice looking boat and very heavy construction!

Suzuki DF4 vs. DF6 Jay[_3_] General 4 May 8th 08 05:58 PM
North Platte River in Wyoming - slide show Marek \Wayfarer\ Touring 0 July 24th 05 03:04 AM
Fox River, north Illinois are users? Dan J.S. General 11 June 30th 04 10:00 PM
My North Carolina River Trip Reports H. Kent Craig General 1 June 25th 04 11:49 PM
My North Carolina River Trip Reports H. Kent Craig Touring 1 June 25th 04 11:49 PM