Tim Tim is offline

Default a treasure trove of junk.

I also have one of these that belonged to my grandparents It took a
lot of Christmas pics!

http://www.manuals2go.com/cameras/47a.jpg
Tim Tim is offline

Here's my favorite old battle axe

http://www.manuals2go.com/cameras/115a.jpg

I ahve no idea how much abuse this thing took and how many rolls of
film went though it, but it spent most of it's life with me with a 2x
adaptor behind the stock 50m lens. And it still works good!

On Sat, 29 Nov 2008 13:23:40 -0800 (PST), Tim wrote:

On Nov 29, 1:34*pm, JohnH wrote:
On Sat, 29 Nov 2008 07:45:47 -0800 (PST), Tim wrote:
OK seeing rec.boats is on a photo kick at the moment I thought I'd key
in on some of the stuff I've found here while cleaning out the piles
of stuff here at my dads place.

He had a host of cameras. an Argus a-4 which he traveled the world
with. it got dropped in Egypt back in the early 70's and popped the
lens out so being the recourseful one that he was, he "glured it back
on with chewing gum. *It worked and still would, but I'm not planning
on using it. Also a couple Rolocords . To me, those things were always
fascinating.

Anyhow, there are various models of Kodak 616 folders. One has the
bellows chewed off by mice. Probably us kids were playing with it up
in the attic and pulled it apart and left it. Oh well.

Then there's the brownie box cameras also 616. IDad gave me one when I
was in gradeschool and film was still popular, and I thought I didsome
creative stuff with it. ( OK I was 8!) *But With the old folders, dad
did soem really neat stuff, like angling the lens assembly, etc. and
took some intresting photos.

Well, while diging around I found a box with about twenty 616 take up
spools which are not easy to come by, *616 film is really expensive
and only a couple places handle it, but there is a guy on ebay that
takes bulk military film, reformats it, and will roll a spool for you.
And actually his pricing is fairly good compatably speaking. BTW, his
feedback is excellent.

I know it's a forgotten format, but there have been some really great
shots with these ancient cameras (not by me, of course) but I'm
thinking on doing a few rolls just for the heck of it. The next Ansel
Adams I'll never be, but i think it'll be fun to dink with.

Don't laugh, Tom.

I've never heard of 616. Are you sure you don't mean 620?

This was my first camera. Took 620 film.

http://www.brownie-camera.com/27.shtml
--
John H

*Have a Super Christmas and a Spectacular New Year!*- Hide quoted text -

John, the 616 "Target" used the same width film I believe, however the
length of the frame was obviously longer so you could take pics of
trees and tall buildings etc, or sidways you got a fairly wide shot.
you could probably have used the 620 film in it, but your numbers
would be off. Could it be that the 6-20 designated the number of
prints (20) and the same with the 16?

http://keaggy.com/cameras/cams-big/b...rget616-01.jpg

That's a good question. Shortwave will know the answer.

Here's my first 35mm: http://www.cameraquest.com/pentorig.htm

It was either that one or a Pentax very close to it. I got it in 1959.
Worked well, until I left it on a park bench and someone stole it. While in
Vietnam I bought one of these:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Canon_FT_QL.jpg

It lasted me about 30 years. It even took a dive off the top of my car onto
the concrete driveway. Cost about $100 to get fixed. I finally gave it to
my daughter as a collectors item. The mirror got to where it would stick in
the up position, and I'd have to bang the camera on the side to get it to
drop.
--
John H

*Have a Super Christmas and a Spectacular New Year!*
D K D K is offline

Tim wrote:
On Nov 29, 11:57 am, wrote:
On Nov 29, 10:45 am, Tim wrote:

[...]

I love digging around in old stuff!- Hide quoted text -

Believe me, with a 100 yr. old two story farm house and 4 generations
of "old stuff" I'm getting an education.

Is today your birthday, Tim? If it is... Happy Birthday!

On Sat, 29 Nov 2008 14:34:08 -0500, JohnH wrote:

[...]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/616_film

http://tinyurl.com/6mlyd8

On Sun, 30 Nov 2008 06:57:08 -0500, Tom Francis - SWSports
wrote:

I've never heard of 616. Are you sure you don't mean 620?

This was my first camera. Took 620 film.

http://www.brownie-camera.com/27.shtml

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/616_film

http://tinyurl.com/6mlyd8

Well, I'll be...learn something new daily.

Thankee.

wrote:
I've never heard of 616. Are you sure you don't mean 620?

This was my first camera. Took 620 film.

http://www.brownie-camera.com/27.shtml

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/616_film

http://tinyurl.com/6mlyd8

Well, I'll be...learn something new daily.

Thankee.
--
John H

*Have a Super Christmas and a Spectacular New Year!*

That folder is like the one in the attic with the bellows chewed off.

Again, heres my 616 box camera

http://keaggy.com/cameras/cams-big/b...rget616-01.jpg