Default Yo!! Jaffa Kearns!!!

Hey Gene - it appears that my copy of Agent is all messed up. I can't
get it to access Easynews.

You want to give me a ringy dingy please? first name last name AT
swsports dot org.

I don't know what's wrong and I've tried everything I can think of -
which aint' much.

And this Google interface SUCKS!!!

Later,

Tom
RG RG is offline

wrote in message
Hey Gene - it appears that my copy of Agent is all messed up. I can't
get it to access Easynews.

You want to give me a ringy dingy please? first name last name AT
swsports dot org.

Easynews has had a number of issues recently. I have had intermittent
problems with no new posts being downloaded and earlier unread posts no
longer available on the server. This problem seems to have gone full-time
sometime this morning. I spoke with support this morning. They were
unaware of the problem but were able to replicate it. I have been accessing
easynews for years using news.easynews.com as the server address. Support
recommended that I use a new server address of news.us.easynews.com going
forward. Changing the server address solved the problem for me. I'm not
sure how it works in Agent, but in Outlook Express it was recommended that I
establish a new mail account using the new server address rather than just
changing the server address in the existing account. Something about
changing the server address in the existing account would screw up the
indexing of the threads and headers. Anyhoo, a new mail account (in OE not
at EasyNews) with the new server address solved the problem for me. So far,
so good. As best as I can tell, the news.easynews.com server is still
FUBAR.

RG

On Mon, 24 Nov 2008 14:06:57 -0700, "RG" wrote:

wrote in message
[...]

That's it - thanks.

I wrote support a couple of days ago and they said there was a blade
that was flaky - I guess it's still flaky.

Thanks again - much appreciated.
RG RG is offline

Thanks again - much appreciated.

Glad it worked. Least I could do for my editor-in-chief. Speaking of
which, I'm looking forward to reading the last round of critiques. When
you've finished the series, I intend to reply back with my thoughts on your
thoughts. I intend to revisit some of the shots, focusing on the editing
changes you suggested. Then I need to seriously get to work on production
of the book.

wrote in message
Hey Gene - it appears that my copy of Agent is all messed up. I can't
get it to access Easynews.

You want to give me a ringy dingy please? first name last name AT
swsports dot org.

I don't know what's wrong and I've tried everything I can think of -
which aint' much.

And this Google interface SUCKS!!!

Later,

Tom

Go to http://www.aioe.org/ and get a free news account. No binaries but
works just like easynews. I used it when my Earthlink stuff was FUBAR.