Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default So I go to the local SS offfice

to bring in my birth certificate for retirement benefits.
The on-line instructions said to bring it in when I did the on-line
sign-up a couple week ago.
Said they might ask for DD214 too.
Couldn't find that, so I ordered one.
DD214 still hadn't come, and I debated waiting for today's mail before
I went to the SS office. Nah, just get it done. They won't need it.
Don't want to miss a month's payment for dawdling around.
Bunch of foreigners in the SS office, cripples, maybe scammers playing
cripples, and old people.
I tell you, it was like being in hell.
Waited at 2 different stations, maybe an hour in total.
Seemed like 17 hours.
My name is called and a fat black lady beckons me over.
She was nice. Said I don't need to do anything, since I did it all
on-line and only foreign born have to bring in the birth certificate.
She said I should get something in the mail about 2 weeks after the
on-line app, though that was never mentioned on-line.
I just told her it was all worth while being there because I got to
meet her. She laughed, I left.
Got home, and the damned SS letter was in the mailbox.

--Vic

Some local history RCE General 1 July 4th 07 03:28 PM
Es Local ferry ŽiŠardo Tall Ship Photos 0 April 4th 07 10:00 PM
my local weather Tim General 2 January 8th 07 12:52 PM
Ever seen this hull Thom? It's local to you. Joe ASA 2 May 14th 06 04:03 PM
Local Sea Scouts needs your help Ship Skipper General 7 February 7th 05 10:24 PM