Senior Member

Default How long in the desert?

On Nov 24, 7:32*pm, "Eisboch" wrote:
"Boater" wrote in message

That was one of the questions asked at a breakfast meeting I attended
today with a financial services client and a couple of others across the
river in Alexandria.

More specifically, how long will the Republicans be wandering in the
desert until they can elect a president again?

Consensus: *16-20 years, minimum, and maybe never unless the party makes
significant changes in its attitudes towards Latinos, blacks, social
issues.

The financial services guy manages several funds, including a large-cap
fund. He thinks many of today's large-cap corporations will never come
back, and if there is a market rebound, the smaller corporations will lead
the way. His advice to me: stay the hell away from "the market."

Oh...the financial times we're in right now...some fund managers are
referring to it as the "Bush Recession," and others, the "Bush
Depression."

You should have asked them if the Red Sox will win the pennant next year.

Eisboch- Hide quoted text -

Well, if they get the "censorship doctrine" (fairness doctrine) and
keep funding voter fraud through ACORN, it could indeed be a while
before republicans are able to speak their point of view...

"Boater" wrote in message

[...]

Are you actually stating that reich-wing Republican radio is all that
the GOP has to reach its troops? You boys are betting the future of the
party on the drug-taking boil known as Rush Limbaugh?
Senior Member

"Boater" wrote in message

[...]

party on the drug-taking boil known as Rush Limbaugh?- Hide quoted text -

Somewhere in your fairytale land maybe, but the censorship doctrine is
on the way and I just saw an ad for the bill that would take away our
right to a secret ballot on Unions. The trashing of the constitution
is just beginning, despite the lies and misrepresentations of the left
for the last 8 years..

wrote:
"Boater" wrote in message
[...]

*Your* right to a secret ballot? Are you employed somewhere that is
being organized by a union?
Senior Member

"Boater" wrote in message

[...]

Oh wait, riech wing, druggie, fundie,,, just thought I would give you
a start on your bull**** deflection..

Senior Member

"Boater" wrote in message

[...]

The censorship already started. The bully squads of prosecutors and
staties that threatened TV moguls if they ran NRA ads to "froghop"
them out of their stations. The Biden and DNC lies about the little
station in Florida which dared to ask questions of Biden, calling them
"The Nework" and cutting them off. The reporters who dared ask
questions or worked for media that was not lock step being thrown off
the plane in lieu of more "friendly" reporters.. The Washington Times
admitting they did not ask questions because in their own words, they
were "in the tank" for Obama..The criminal charges against public
officials for illegally going into "Joe the Plumbers' past, just
because he has an opposing point of view which is not allowed by the
incoming administration..Yeah, try to deflect it to "right wing radio"
but that's bull, it's anybody who dares asks

wrote:
"Boater" wrote in message
[...]

That would be...Joe the Unlicensed Plumber.