Default Out of Control

On Mon, 24 Nov 2008 10:23:22 -0500, tin cup wrote:

tin cup wrote:
Eisboch wrote:
Just read the announcement of the additional government bailout of
Citigroup out of the TARP money.

Is it just me, or is this whole thing getting totally out of control?

I get a kick out of the wording of the statement. Quoting a couple of
parts:

"With these transactions, the U.S. government is taking the actions
necessary to strengthen the financial system and protect U.S.
taxpayers and the U.S. economy," the three agencies said in a
statement issued late Sunday night. "We will continue to use all of
our resources to preserve the strength of our banking institutions,
and promote the process of repair and recovery and to manage risks."

Isn't it taxpayer's resources being used? What's this "our
resources" stuff?

Then, the Citi's chief executive officer, Vikram Pandit says, "We
appreciate the tremendous effort by the government to assure market
stability."

Shouldn't he be thanking the American taxpayers?

Congress should reconvene immediately and put a halt to the TARP program.
The banana heads running it are loose cannons, operating on their own
and should be fired.
IMO, there is an overreaction taking place, led by a bunch of ex-wall
street suits that have a very narrow view factor of the overall
problem. Calmer heads should take over. Let things settle a bit.
Tossing billions of dollars to any company that comes along and cries
for help isn't the solution.

Eisboch (frustrated American taxpayer)

We have obligated Americans, to pay the massive debts, of Global
Corporations.
Wall Street's Players are guaranteed their ill gotten gains. They will
go home to their estates and roll in our money. Many Americans have/will
lose their homes and everything else.
They feared letting them fail would esult in Americans failing.
That equation is not clear, or at least their debt, at the demand of
Global Banking. Americans will lose because in one form or anther we
wull have to pay the debts created by Banking gamblers and swindlers.
Global Banking and Global Big Business do indeed control
American Government. It is ever more clear since Banking has been
nationalized Everything the People have told Congress and Government we
want has been ignored.
All the Transnational, Foreign or Globalists that played Americans for
our wealth took home trillions. Those that lost the card game are having
their losses covered by us. We have no say in what is being done. They
should have bailed out Americans and let the Global gamblers and
swindlers fail.
There is no move on reform and restoring rule, of law, or protections,
for Americans from the predators of Global Banking and Business.
The only discussion in the media is preserving the specious game, of
Wall Street and the Fed.

The bailout LOANS will demand much higher interests, and prices to
repay the loans. Higher taxes and profits for the swindlers and in
whatever form what is higher taxes for Americans.
Anyone got a handle on how much debt we will have to pay over say the
next 8 years or perhaps a lifetime?

Keep on writin'! Hell, if you stay in this thread, you could end up with
the longest one-man thread in the world. I'll butt out now.
--
A Harry Krause truism:

"It's not a *baby* kicking, beautiful bride, it's just a fetus!"

"Eisboch" wrote in message

[...]

You got that right. It used to be the norm here...this province wasted
billions on an aging steel plant and worked out coal mines until we almost
went bankrupt.

Gun control Calif Bill General 88 November 24th 06 11:51 AM
Spiralling out of control. Bob Crantz ASA 1 February 24th 06 01:41 AM
LP out of Control Thom Stewart ASA 6 April 6th 05 04:22 PM
Gun control! Bob Crantz ASA 166 January 28th 05 05:52 AM
AutoHelm remote control --> ST5000 control head ??? Steve Electronics 2 August 15th 04 06:17 PM