Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default Anyone see...

"Boater" wrote in message

When I was a small kid in New Haven, my mother used to drive out to a
"turkey farm" out near where Eisboch lived and pick out a bird for
Thanksgiving. The farmer would band it, and the next day my mother would
pick up a plucked, refrigerated bird. I saw a few birds having their heads
removed while we were out there. No biggie, but...

...decapitating animals is not the sort of fare one wants to see on a TV
news show interviewing a governor, eh?

I wasn't even thought of when you were a small kid. :-)

We have a local turkey farm called "Bongi's". It's about 2-1/2 miles from
our house.
Unlike the place in CT, you don't pick out your personal turkey, but you can
see them
walking around out in the area where they raise them.

We also have a lot of wild turkeys around here as well and they can be a
pain in the rear. They stop traffic,
attack the wheels of the cars and are the stupidest creatures I've ever seen
(except horses).
I refer to them as escapees from Bongi's.

http://www.bongis.com/

Eisboch