Default Russia

Just received a brief e-mail from Eisboch Jr. (in Russia). Here's the full
content:

"Either the USA is incredible,
or every other country Sucks."

Eisboch Sr.

Eisboch wrote:
Just received a brief e-mail from Eisboch Jr. (in Russia). Here's the full
content:

"Either the USA is incredible,
or every other country Sucks."

Eisboch Sr.

He's been to every other country?

"Boater" wrote in message
Eisboch wrote:
Just received a brief e-mail from Eisboch Jr. (in Russia). Here's the
full content:

"Either the USA is incredible,
or every other country Sucks."

Eisboch Sr.

He's been to every other country?

Of course not. He's been to more than I have though, and I've been to a
few.
I think his email was simply venting a little frustration. He can't wait to
get out of there.

Eisboch

On Nov 21, 1:56*pm, Boater wrote:
Eisboch wrote:
Just received a brief e-mail from Eisboch Jr. *(in Russia). *Here's the full
content:

"Either the USA is incredible,
or every other country Sucks."

Eisboch Sr.

He's been to every other country?

Do you ALWAYS have to be such an asshole?

On Nov 21, 1:55*pm, "Eisboch" wrote:
Just received a brief e-mail from Eisboch Jr. *(in Russia). *Here's the full
content:

"Either the USA is incredible,
or every other country Sucks."

Eisboch Sr.

I wonder why. I have a friend who up until a few years ago traveled to
many countries, Russia among them. He liked it there, had quite a good
time. That was maybe 10 years ago, I wonder if there's been a big
change in their attitude since then? I still have a little wooden toy
he brought back that is cool as hell!

wrote in message
On Nov 21, 1:55 pm, "Eisboch" wrote:
Just received a brief e-mail from Eisboch Jr. (in Russia). Here's the full
content:

"Either the USA is incredible,
or every other country Sucks."

Eisboch Sr.

I wonder why. I have a friend who up until a few years ago traveled to
many countries, Russia among them. He liked it there, had quite a good
time. That was maybe 10 years ago, I wonder if there's been a big
change in their attitude since then? I still have a little wooden toy
he brought back that is cool as hell!

He got off to a bad start over there, but things are better. In fact, they
finished up earlier than expected and he'll be flying back tomorrow night.

Right now the buzz in Russia is that the USA is singularly responsible for
the global economic problems, and that is promoted heavily in their media.
So, Americans are exactly high on the Christmas card list.

My experience with dealing with and knowing some Russians, (neighbor in
Florida) has left an impression in my head. Not to stereotype, but through
the filters of our culture, they often seem to come across as being very
arrogant in their communications and dealings with people.

Doesn't mean they really are, it just seems that way to us, or to me anyway.
There must be something to it because I am not the only person who has made
this observation.

Eisboch

On Nov 21, 2:58*pm, "Eisboch" wrote:
wrote in message

[...]

Yeah, they seem to act pretty strong willed, but according to my
friend, they weren't that way when he was there. Of course, he was
with his father and mother, both doctors, that were there to teach
some methods to Russian doctors. Maybe that's it, but he met many
people that didn't know what he was there for. Another possibility is
that stereotyping (not saying YOU did the stereotyping) sometimes
begets stereotyping. You know, you get blamed for acting a certain
way, you tend to start acting that way!

wrote in message

[...]

way, you tend to start acting that way!- Hide quoted text -

I've enjoyed every country I've been to. Probably has as much to do
with your own attitude and expectations. No where is perfect but
everywhere has things that are different and interesting.

wrote in message

[...]

everywhere has things that are different and interesting.- Hide quoted text -

And to Eisboch Jr.'s credit, first impressions are a hard thing to
shake! He got treated like crap at the very beginning, and it's hard
to overcome that, even though you know better.

Eisboch wrote:
"Boater" wrote in message
Eisboch wrote:
Just received a brief e-mail from Eisboch Jr. (in Russia). Here's the
full content:

"Either the USA is incredible,
or every other country Sucks."

Eisboch Sr.

He's been to every other country?

Of course not. He's been to more than I have though, and I've been to a
few.
I think his email was simply venting a little frustration. He can't wait to
get out of there.

Eisboch

Can't blame him for that. From what I have read, the criminal element in
Russia is very dangerous in the big cities.

Russia Eisboch General 6 November 16th 08 10:41 PM
Canada 6 Russia 1 Don White General 7 January 5th 05 11:40 PM
Folding Canoe - from Russia with Love riverman Touring 0 August 16th 03 08:00 PM