Tim Tim is offline

Default Any latest news on the pirates and the oil tanker?

I heard that the Somalians captured a giant oil tanker holding about
100 Million USD worth of crude.

any updates?

Tim wrote:
I heard that the Somalians captured a giant oil tanker holding about
100 Million USD worth of crude.

any updates?

Yeah...I posted one. Apparently we don't have a Navy sufficient enough
to handle the pirates. :)

On Wed, 19 Nov 2008 05:01:15 -0800 (PST), Tim
wrote:

I heard that the Somalians captured a giant oil tanker holding about
100 Million USD worth of crude.

any updates?

AARRRRRRR.....

"Tim" wrote in message
I heard that the Somalians captured a giant oil tanker holding about
100 Million USD worth of crude.

any updates?

Last I heard and Indian warship blew up one of the pirate vessels. Don't
know which one.

Eisboch

"Boater" wrote in message
Tim wrote:
I heard that the Somalians captured a giant oil tanker holding about
100 Million USD worth of crude.

any updates?

Yeah...I posted one. Apparently we don't have a Navy sufficient enough to
handle the pirates. :)

I agree. Let's quadruple the Navy's annual budget, buy a hundred thousand
inflatables equipped with a 50 cal. machine gun and a radar mast with blue
flashing lights. Enlist and commission an additional couple of hundred
thousand personnel and go into the law enforcement business, world wide,
stationing the new craft in every major port and patrol every nautical mile
of the world's shipping lanes..

Eisboch

Senior Member

On Nov 19, 8:53*am, "Eisboch" wrote:
"Boater" wrote in message

Tim wrote:
I heard that the Somalians captured a giant oil tanker holding about
100 Million USD worth of crude.

any updates?

Yeah...I posted one. Apparently we don't have a Navy sufficient enough to
handle the pirates. *:)

I agree. *Let's quadruple the Navy's annual budget, buy a hundred thousand
inflatables equipped with a 50 cal. machine gun and a radar mast with blue
flashing lights. *Enlist and commission an additional couple of hundred
thousand personnel and go into the law enforcement business, world wide,
stationing the new craft in every major port and patrol every nautical mile
of the world's shipping lanes..

Eisboch

Or we could try Harry's suggestion.... cut and paste em' to death...
Jim Jim is offline

Eisboch wrote:
"Boater" wrote in message
Tim wrote:
I heard that the Somalians captured a giant oil tanker holding about
100 Million USD worth of crude.

any updates?

Yeah...I posted one. Apparently we don't have a Navy sufficient enough to
handle the pirates. :)

I agree. Let's quadruple the Navy's annual budget, buy a hundred thousand
inflatables equipped with a 50 cal. machine gun and a radar mast with blue
flashing lights. Enlist and commission an additional couple of hundred
thousand personnel and go into the law enforcement business, world wide,
stationing the new craft in every major port and patrol every nautical mile
of the world's shipping lanes..

Eisboch

Sounds like a plan. Maybe this is a battle Harry could sign on to.
Tim Tim is offline

On Nov 19, 7:45*am, "Eisboch" wrote:
"Tim" wrote in message

I heard that the Somalians captured a giant oil tanker holding about
100 Million USD worth of crude.

any updates?

Last I heard and Indian warship blew up one of the pirate vessels. *Don't
know which one.

Eisboch

From what I gather, the tankers only have about a 20 man crew with pop
gun armaments at the best. i would certainly think that there could be
room on one of those tankers for better equipped professionals and a
budget to safeguard a hundred mil. cargo.

"Tim" wrote in message
I heard that the Somalians captured a giant oil tanker holding about
100 Million USD worth of crude.

any updates?

===

If one takes a **** in the harbor ,, you go to jail, your boat gets
reposessed, and
your photo is int he paper..

If you hijack an oil tanker, the navy says they don't have enough ships..

Is this country F..ked up or what.