Default Say, Herring...

Didn't you buy a Nikkor AF-S VR Zoom-NIKKOR 70-200mm f/2.8G IF-ED?

Still have it, or did you sell it/trade it?

On Nov 17, 4:34*pm, Boater wrote:
Didn't you buy a Nikkor AF-S VR Zoom-NIKKOR 70-200mm f/2.8G IF-ED?

Still have it, or did you sell it/trade it?

I hope John answers you the way you'd answer almost everyone here,
that is with vulgarities and name calling.

On Mon, 17 Nov 2008 16:34:43 -0500, Boater wrote:

Didn't you buy a Nikkor AF-S VR Zoom-NIKKOR 70-200mm f/2.8G IF-ED?

Still have it, or did you sell it/trade it?

Yessir. Still have it. Great lens! I assume you mean this one:"

http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/70200vr.htm

--
A Harry Krause truism:

"It's not a *baby* kicking, beautiful bride, it's just a fetus!"

JohnH wrote:
On Mon, 17 Nov 2008 16:34:43 -0500, Boater wrote:

Didn't you buy a Nikkor AF-S VR Zoom-NIKKOR 70-200mm f/2.8G IF-ED?

Still have it, or did you sell it/trade it?

Yessir. Still have it. Great lens! I assume you mean this one:"

http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/70200vr.htm

Yeah, it is a great lens. I "tried one on," and the only downside seemed
to be its weight. It is one hell of a heavy piece of glass, must be
three times the weight of the 18-200. Do you walk around with it on the
camera, or do you just keep it in a camera bag and click it on when you
want to use it?

On Mon, 17 Nov 2008 19:10:01 -0500, Boater wrote:

JohnH wrote:
On Mon, 17 Nov 2008 16:34:43 -0500, Boater wrote:

Didn't you buy a Nikkor AF-S VR Zoom-NIKKOR 70-200mm f/2.8G IF-ED?

Still have it, or did you sell it/trade it?

Yessir. Still have it. Great lens! I assume you mean this one:"

http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/70200vr.htm

Yeah, it is a great lens. I "tried one on," and the only downside seemed
to be its weight. It is one hell of a heavy piece of glass, must be
three times the weight of the 18-200. Do you walk around with it on the
camera, or do you just keep it in a camera bag and click it on when you
want to use it?

The latter. I don't take it on cruises either. Or on motorcycle trips.

wrote:

Didn't you buy a Nikkor AF-S VR Zoom-NIKKOR 70-200mm f/2.8G IF-ED?

Still have it, or did you sell it/trade it?

Yessir. Still have it. Great lens! I assume you mean this one:"

http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/70200vr.htm

Yeah, it is a great lens. I "tried one on," and the only downside seemed
to be its weight. It is one hell of a heavy piece of glass, must be
three times the weight of the 18-200. Do you walk around with it on the
camera, or do you just keep it in a camera bag and click it on when you
want to use it?

After reading comments by you guys about it a while back, Mrs.E. ordered one
for the camera she purchased from Harry. Took quite a while to get. She
never uses it because it's too heavy. She bought another telephoto lens
(don't know what it is) that is on the camera constantly.

I should go swipe the 70-200 and try it out on my camera. (If I can find my
camera).

Eisboch

On Tue, 18 Nov 2008 01:49:34 -0500, "Eisboch" wrote:

.. .

wrote:

[...]

It's a great lens, but it's heavy. After I bought it, Nikon came out with
the 18-200mm VR (http://tinyurl.com/oartk), which has become my 'go to'
lens. It's also small enough to take on trips.
--
John H.

wrote:

[...]

Apparently the illustrious Mrs. E does indeed use the heavy lens.

I'm in the market for a full-frame 70-200 zoom. I'm probably going to go
for new Tamron, sans VR, which I never used much anyway.

wrote:

[...]

Good luck with it. I use the VR continuously. Why not, if it's there? It
makes a hell of a difference when 'off hand shooting' at high
magnification.
--
John H.

"JohnH" wrote in message

On Tue, 18 Nov 2008 14:55:53 -0500, Boater wrote:

Apparently the illustrious Mrs. E does indeed use the heavy lens.

I'm in the market for a full-frame 70-200 zoom. I'm probably going to go
for new Tamron, sans VR, which I never used much anyway.

Good luck with it. I use the VR continuously. Why not, if it's there? It
makes a hell of a difference when 'off hand shooting' at high
magnification.
--
John H.

I didn't think she used it because I never see it on her camera. It's always
in the box, sitting on a shelf. But, it turns out she uses it with a tripod
when taking longer range pictures at horse riding competitions, etc. I
picked it up. It *is* heavy compared to the zoom I occasionally use on my
camera.

Eisboch

John Herring is a.... [email protected] General 22 February 14th 06 02:38 AM
Ping: Herring John H. General 0 December 10th 05 03:18 PM
Ping: Herring Skipper General 0 December 10th 05 02:40 PM
Ping: Herring John H. General 0 December 6th 05 10:01 PM
OT Herring [email protected] General 19 September 15th 05 06:05 PM