Default Worth reading

"Boater" wrote in message
Eisboch wrote:
"Boater" wrote in message

I read it. I'm glad it gives you solace.

Facts are a bitch, huh? :-)

Eisboch

Please, Richard, stop insulting your intelligence and mine.

Oh...in case you haven't heard...the concept of "free market economy"
is...dead.

I am not insulting my intelligence, whatever it may be.

Eisboch

Jim Jim is offline

Boater wrote:
Eisboch wrote:
"Boater" wrote in message

I read it. I'm glad it gives you solace.

Facts are a bitch, huh? :-)

Eisboch

Please, Richard, stop insulting your intelligence and mine.

Oh...in case you haven't heard...the concept of "free market economy"
is...dead.

Free market doesn't coexist within a sovereign nation. Short rule King "O"

Boater wrote:
Eisboch wrote:
"Boater" wrote in message

I read it. I'm glad it gives you solace.

Facts are a bitch, huh? :-)

Eisboch

Please, Richard, stop insulting your intelligence and mine.

Oh...in case you haven't heard...the concept of "free market economy"
is...dead.

What is going to take its place and what is it going to do to liberty
and productivity.

I will be the first to admit that I am motivated by greed. I don't bust
my ass for 60 to 70 hours a week for some lazy non-working slug to get a
check just because he exists.

"Eisboch" wrote in message

"Boater" wrote in message

I read it. I'm glad it gives you solace.

Facts are a bitch, huh? :-)

Eisboch

You did suggest that folks have an open mind when they read it. Do you
honestly think that krause has an open mind? It's the most closed mind I've
ever encountered. You know that.

--Mike

Great read. A lot of that I did not know, but makes sense. I never realized
it, but my wife and I probably benefited from all of that.

We bought our home back in '98 with only 10% down. It was a 30 yr fixed, but
since I was a sole proprietor, income docs were not really necessary (I
thought that was odd). My wife produced W-2s, and I filled out a form. We
refinanced 5 years ago to a 20yr fixed that was a full 1.5 points lower
(5.25)... same deal... no income docs required from me. Lower payment, and
shaved 5 years off the term. We refinanced for the right reasons... NOT to
pull money out to remodel. As they say, timing is everything. Or... better
lucky than good!

Perhaps we are lumped into the sub-prime mortgage heap, but we've never
missed a payment, and have at least $350,000 in equity (SF Bay Area). Two
years ago it was $450,000. Yup, the bubble popped, but I'm not complaining.

Thanks for the link.

--Mike

"Eisboch" wrote in message
For those with an open mind and who are really interested in why we are in
the condition we are in, this is a good read.
Long, but thoughtful.

http://www.dissentmagazine.org/article/?article=1229

Eisboch

Some light reading Hugh Morris[_2_] General 0 October 9th 08 12:00 AM
You Know You've Been Reading RBC Too Much When ... David TG Cruising 4 November 9th 07 05:03 AM
Reading a prop? Chris General 4 June 1st 05 04:17 AM
More reading Matt Colie ASA 0 December 31st 04 07:55 PM
Reading the Clouds Q General 17 August 10th 03 10:36 PM