BoatBanter.com

-   Electronics (https://www.boatbanter.com/electronics/)
-   -   Uploads to Garmin 540s (https://www.boatbanter.com/electronics/95419-uploads-garmin-540s.html)

Richard Lane June 18th 08 06:40 PM

Uploads to Garmin 540s

Mainly for Jack Erbes.
Using Garmin data mode and serial connection I uploaded 19 routes one at
a time from my old 16bit nav program route data base, inserted a SD
chip, transferred all User Data to it, deleted all route data on 540s
and repeated this procedure until some 79 routes were stored on 4 SD
chips. It seems that though the 540s will store 20 routes, one of these
is New Route so only 19 are available to use as a trans-coder.
Dick