Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
posted to rec.boats.electronics

Default Simrad Wind Nav mode

I am evaluating autopilots for my CnC Landfall 48 sailboat, and the
Simrad has a feature not found in other pilots, which they call
WindNav - the ability to steer the boat to an angle of wind with an
eye towards a destination waypoint. The Simrad will allow you to tack
upwind and will suggest the tack point for the final lay line.

My belief is that navigation / pilots should provide functionality
which allows me to increase the amount of time my eyes are on the
water, and this feature strikes me as a good idea. However, none of
the other pilots I'm looking at offer this feature, nor, as best I can
tell, do any of the pc navigation software products nor integrated
chartplotters.

This begs the question: how useful is this feature?

I'd love to hear from people who have a Simrad installed on a
sailboat, and whether or not anyone uses this feature...

Thanks,

Keith

FS: Yaesu FT-900CAT 1.8-30Mhz All mode Transceiver [email protected] Electronics 0 February 2nd 05 01:22 AM
Simrad HT50 Bobsprit Cruising 0 November 9th 03 12:45 AM
B&G sold to Simrad Joe Wood Electronics 3 October 18th 03 12:55 PM
Simrad WP 30 Mike Page General 1 August 25th 03 03:25 AM
FS: SCS PTC-IIe PACTOR MODE MODEM Alan Electronics 0 August 3rd 03 12:11 AM