posted to rec.boats.electronics

Default electronic charts format

Josce,

I do not know much about the electronic charts format but I thought that you
might want to download a few S-57 charts to play with. The US Office of
Coast Survey has them on their website for free download.

See: http://nauticalcharts.noaa.gov/MCD/enc/download.htm

Cheers

Ansley Sawyer
SV Pacem

posted to rec.boats.electronics

I do not know much about the electronic charts format but I thought that you
might want to download a few S-57 charts to play with. The US Office of
Coast Survey has them on their website for free download.

See: http://nauticalcharts.noaa.gov/MCD/enc/download.htm

Thanks,

This will be a good place to get charts to test against. Sadly
I haven't found any decent documentation on the S-57 format yet.
And if I don't find any soon I'll have to write to first version
with raster charts.

Josce

posted to rec.boats.electronics

Josce wrote in :

Maybe you guys should be introduced to the Maemo (Linux on Nokia
Internet Tablets) Mapper crew:

https://garage.maemo.org/projects/maemo-mapper/

Thanks, I will have a look at this. Might be very usable.

Josce

Join the team. Sure would be a great addition to the Maemo Mapper to have
a Marine Mode....

electronic charts Cruising 0 June 28th 07 02:35 AM
Electronic Charts Don Bouchard Cruising 4 September 1st 05 05:04 PM
Electronic Charts SE UK Justin General 0 July 13th 05 12:28 PM
Electronic charts & GPS Windjammer Electronics 5 October 16th 04 01:38 PM
Electronic Charts lummi Cruising 2 May 9th 04 04:10 AM