Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
posted to rec.boats.electronics

Default Battery testing?

I have 2x SRM27 (85Ah) flooded batteries approximately 5 yrs old on my
sailboat. I wish to test their remaining Ah capacity by applying a fixed
current load and monitoring the terminal voltage over time.
Question: I believe the Interstate table of voltage vs state of charge
is open circuit voltage, if this is true then I would have to interrupt
the discharge periodically in order to measure the o/c voltage then
resume the load until I have achieved 1/2 remaining Ah.
Does anyone have a more direct test of remaining Ah capacity?
Dick

Testing? Clams Canino General 2 December 13th 06 01:27 AM
testing, 1...2...3... Scott Vernon ASA 16 August 14th 04 08:52 AM
Battery info pages - Battery University website dg Cruising 0 February 26th 04 04:59 PM
Auxially battery with isolator and solar battery maintainer [email protected] General 26 December 8th 03 06:10 AM
testing again/still Paul General 2 October 22nd 03 08:13 PM