posted to rec.boats.electronics

Default Autohelm 6000 autopilot - non ST

Have been using the 6000 for years and works well. Looking for the
sentence setup for XTE or some means of connecting it to the chart
plotter and use NMEA data.

posted to rec.boats.electronics

Huh?
XTE - Cross Track Error
is just one of many NMEA sentences that the chart plotter will transmit
via its NMEA output if it is configured for that output at all.

My documentation is not complete as far back as the non-ST Autohelm
units. I do know that most require an interface box (that is no longer
available) to accept navigational data from another source.

I don't even know what is what was in said box as I have only seen one
surviving example.

Good Luck Guy

Matt Colie

Travelmate wrote:
Have been using the 6000 for years and works well. Looking for the
sentence setup for XTE or some means of connecting it to the chart
plotter and use NMEA data.

posted to rec.boats.electronics

Suggest you go to the Raymarine website which provides info on older units.
You will probably find it can accept NEMA data directly. (as well as
seatalk)

Alec

oups.com...