posted to rec.boats.electronics

Default Satellite Phone, e.g. Iridium, etc...

"Larry" wrote in message
"Alan Spicer" wrote in news:Xljki.20487
:

Cell/Sat/Landline Communications,

Alan, many lurkers here would be interested in who has the best service at
the cheapest price for satellite phone service, such as Iridium. Your
experience and knowledge would be most appreciated.

Larry

* Hello Larry,

I have a few articles on my Blog regarding satellite
http://telecom.dyndns.biz/b2evolution/blogs/

I just posted a bunch of them over on popularwireless.com forum. There's a
link to the marine forum at the top of my blog, or here it is...

http://www.popularwireless.com/forum...tlist&Board=30

More specifically here is the forum thread. It began titled as BGAN. Also
interesting is Internet Access for marine vessels via satellite as well as
other methods I've already mentioned.

* I wonder if we could "Frugal" (as in Frugal on Google.com) for Iridium for
best prices? I don't sell satellite gear or service directly... but I'd be
willing to consult on getting it done. I usually come in to integrate things
onboard such as voice, fax, Internet, and onboard networks.

* It's pretty much known, the problems that Globalstar has been having... If
you have Globalstar already perhaps you have war stories on using it?

---
Alan Spicer (find me by name, just search on google, etc.)