posted to rec.boats.electronics

Default Check out these inflatable boats

Hello,
Check it out

www.hyseasinflatableboats.com

On Feb 7, 11:54 pm, Larry wrote:

Newsgroups: rec.boats.electronics
Subject: Check out these inflatable boats
Date: 7 Feb 2007 18:21:50 -0800
Organization:http://groups.google.com
posting-account=5F_1BA0AAACfFvuHPH497sq8RZMBDhxY Xref:
usenetserver.com rec.boats.electronics:162997 X-Received-Date: Wed, 07
Feb 2007 21:21:56 EST (beE3)

Hello,
Check it out

www.hyseasinflatableboats.com

Yep....it's SPAM alright. Get lost...this isn't your advertising agency.

Larry
--
Democracy is when two wolves and a sheep vote on who's for dinner.
Liberty is when the sheep has his own gun.- Hide quoted text -

Hey Larry don't get your panties all in a bunch, I just wanted people
to check ou our boats

posted to rec.boats.electronics

Hey Larry RELAX........ don't let it ruin your day or anything

posted to rec.boats.electronics

In article .com,
wrote:

On Feb 7, 11:54 pm, Larry wrote:
wrote
roups.com:

Newsgroups: rec.boats.electronics
Date: 7 Feb 2007 18:21:50 -0800
posting-account=5F_1BA0AAACfFvuHPH497sq8RZMBDhxY Xref:
usenetserver.com rec.boats.electronics:162997 X-Received-Date: Wed, 07
Feb 2007 21:21:56 EST (beE3)

Hello,
Check it out

www.hyseasinflatableboats.com

Yep....it's SPAM alright. Get lost...this isn't your advertising agency.

Larry
--
Democracy is when two wolves and a sheep vote on who's for dinner.
Liberty is when the sheep has his own gun.- Hide quoted text -

Hey Larry don't get your panties all in a bunch, I just wanted people
to check ou our boats

And since you have amply demonstrated that you are not adept at reading
or listening, but are at insulting the marketplace, please go away,
don't come back, and go out of business.

To respond, obviously drop the "nospan"?
posted to rec.boats.electronics

sorry guys It will not happen again...
I'm new to all this so cut me a little slack
have a good day everyone.......

posted to rec.boats.electronics

wrote in news:1170911655.547133.161120
@s48g2000cws.googlegroups.com:

Hey Larry don't get your panties all in a bunch, I just wanted people
to check ou our boats

Can you imagine what this newsgroup would look like if every boat crap
manufacturer who was looking for a free ad on usenet were to post just
one message per week "wanting people to check out our boats"? Shall we
include ever dealer that has internet access? How about all the marinas
and boatyards that want us to take a look, too?

That's precisely why my panties get in a wad when I see it. Usenet is
one of the few places still guarded against the spam by its users.
Posting ads usually makes us angry at the poster, even if we don't post a
nasty reply. That's not exactly the attitude you need to sell someone a
boat is it?

Post to your heart's content in rec.boats.marketplace where we don't HAVE
to see it unless we're in the market. Leave the rest of the boating
newsgroups for conversations.....

If you're REALLY interested in us buying something, take an example from
Peggie Hall, who used to run Electrasan. Peggie never spams these
groups. However, her very helpful presence and always-willing-to-help
expertise helping boaters with head problems, even on competitor's
equipment, has probably sold more product than all the spam posts ever
posted since the newsgroup's beginning. A little market research of the
participants to this group and the other groups Peggie participates in
would reveal how many heads people bought just because of her
participation and just genuine friendliness.

Join us and lend a hand....but PLEASE don't spam us, ok?

Larry

wrote:
sorry guys It will not happen again...
I'm new to all this so cut me a little slack
have a good day everyone.......

If you *really* have reformed your ways, it would be worth your while to
get a new domain name and email address. Its too late for the old ones,
*someone* will have them in a public blacklist somewhere so they are
forever tainted . . .

You could redirect your old ones to the new ones so you dont have to
immediately reprint all your paper advertising.

NEVER post an advertisment or commercial announcement to a USENET group
without checking that its *explicitly* permitted under that groups
charter (google 'groupname charter') and its also advisable to check
if there is a group FAQ as well.

USENET is *NOT* GOOGLE GROUPS, USENET is a world wide distributed
bulletin board system that grew out of the UNIX programming community in
the early '80s. Google is just a gateway and an archive. There *ARE*
google's own groups, but they dont propagate outside google. Clueeless
Google posters have replaced clueless AOLers as the main source of
unwanted gabble on USENET. If you post via google, you will need to
maintain a higher standard of nettiquette than average to be taken
seriously.

Its a *LOT* of work to achive any recognition on USENET that actually
translates into real customers, as it will take a lot of providing
helpful answers to peoples questions before people trust your advice and
start contacting you directly. I *hope* you have an interest in boats
other than just selling them, as if so, skim the last few months of
rec.boats, rec.boats.cruising and rec.boats.electronics, then lurk until
someone posts a question you can answer well, If the answer is 'I can
supply that locally, email me' so be it but dont offer anything for sale
unasked. Mostly you need to just be giving good advice. (Dont try to
get 'cute', there are many former boaters who have given up for health
reasons, who have *nothing* better to do than check posting histories
and locations etc. to see if a question was asked purely to give a
spammer an excuse to reply with a blatently commercial post. Also you
*dont* want to have this grief twice.)

Finally, protect your email address against spammers (hint, they
download headers not whole messages so put your real email in the
signature not the from field and if you fake an address for from, make
sure its either .invalid TLD or @example.com so noone else gets spam
targeted for you dumped on them) and pick a posting name that if its not
your real name, at least is a human name you are happy to anwer to if
someone contacts you. . .

This is all the slack you are likely to get around here and more than
many would cut you. If in doubt ask first, forgiveness afterwards is
rarely granted. Good Luck.

[at]=@, [dash]=- & [dot]=. *Warning* HTML & 32K emails -- NUL:
'Stingo' Albacore #1554 - 15' Early 60's, Uffa Fox designed,
All varnished hot moulded wooden racing dinghy.
posted to rec.boats.electronics

Yep....it's SPAM alright. Get lost...this isn't your advertising
agency.

Hey Larry don't get your panties all in a bunch, I just wanted people
to check ou our boats

He's right, this isn't a forum to come pimp your wares.

Hey Larry RELAX........ don't let it ruin your day or anything

Especially with that sort of attitude.

If the company's willing to spam newsgroups and insult the members one can
only imagine how poorly they'll handle actual customers. NO SALE.