BoatBanter.com

-   Electronics (https://www.boatbanter.com/electronics/)
-   -   radar image grabbing (https://www.boatbanter.com/electronics/75298-radar-image-grabbing.html)

maciek October 25th 06 08:09 AM

radar image grabbing

Hi there,
Really niece group - I appreciate Your help so far!

I have a question, I need to obtain images from radar (real time or
with small delay). I thought about nobeltec soft but it does not, as I
know, allows for this. Dou You have any other ideas?? Maybe standard
radar and A/D multi channel card??

Best regs maciek

Kees Verruijt October 25th 06 08:33 AM

radar image grabbing

maciek wrote:
Hi there,
Really niece group - I appreciate Your help so far!

I have a question, I need to obtain images from radar (real time or
with small delay). I thought about nobeltec soft but it does not, as I
know, allows for this. Dou You have any other ideas?? Maybe standard
radar and A/D multi channel card??

Best regs maciek

Nobeltec allows you to save radar "movies" to a file, which can then be
played back within Nobeltec. It's not a standard file format though, I
think.

An alternative would be to record the screen using a grabbing tool, in
pictures or movie format.

--
Kees

Ansley W. Sawyer October 25th 06 12:46 PM

radar image grabbing

How about a web cam pointed at the display?

maciek October 25th 06 10:29 PM

radar image grabbing

unfortunetly to low resolution and actulay depending on externel
lightning

David Rinnan October 25th 06 11:06 PM

radar image grabbing

Ansley W. Sawyer napisal(a):

How about a web cam pointed at the display?

JRC have a "black box" radar that simply output the screen info to a VGA
connection. Then you can record with anything from a VCR to a computer
as well as a portable digital recorder that accepts VCR.

regards
david