posted to rec.boats.electronics

Default Interfacing NMEA For DSC

I have a Garmin 182C that I would like to connect to a new iComm M502.
Which NMEA wires gor to whihc, and what is the easiest method for
making the connections?

posted to rec.boats.electronics

On my first installation (GPS 12), I used the Garmin to utility outlet
power/PC cable. I cut off the urility plug and wired it directly to power
behind the instrument panel. I spliced together the GPS wires of my VHF
radio and radar and put a DB9 connector on them. I connected the Garmin DB9
to the radio/radar DB9. It's worked well for several years. When I think of
it, I separate the DB9 connectors, wipe a film of dielectric grease on them
and reconnect them.
I emailed Garmin telling them what each of the wires was identifed on on
each piece of equipment and they sent me specific instructions for which
wires to use because it seemed to me that each manufacturer stated things
differently, which confused me.

ups.com...

slamdance wrote:
I have a Garmin 182C that I would like to connect to a new iComm M502.
Which NMEA wires gor to whihc, and what is the easiest method for
making the connections?

Depending on the number of pins in the Garmin plug, Garmin's website has
wiring diagrams for all their plugs. Usually the data-out wire is blue or
brown, and the second (gnd) wire is black. Best place to pick these up is at
the opposite end to the rear plug, where they may be tied back, or feeding
other instruments.

I don't have the websire page, but it is easy to find with their search
facility. It is in pdf format.

Dennis.

posted to rec.boats.electronics

Theres a very informative illustration in the manual.

Bjarke

ups.com...

slamdance wrote:
I have a Garmin 182C that I would like to connect to a new iComm M502.
Which NMEA wires gor to whihc, and what is the easiest method for
making the connections?

The connections for a Garmin GPS to the M502 are he

http://www.icomamerica.com/support/k...ber=62EB355813

Jack

A question about NMEA, AIS and Raymarine Pascal Electronics 21 May 18th 06 02:18 PM
Objective of NMEA luc Electronics 27 March 7th 06 01:51 PM
NMEA: What confusion is that? Pascal Electronics 6 September 15th 05 12:33 AM
Connect Raymarine ST60 Multi to laptop Phil Stanton Electronics 13 May 31st 05 10:36 PM
GpsMap 276C NMEA Interface Problem Pascal Goncalves Electronics 3 March 2nd 05 02:02 PM