BoatBanter.com

-   Electronics (https://www.boatbanter.com/electronics/)
-   -   canbus to nmea 2000? (https://www.boatbanter.com/electronics/74095-canbus-nmea-2000-a.html)

Bill Kearney September 18th 06 03:41 PM

canbus to nmea 2000?

What's involved with taking a CANBUS signal and interfacing it with an
NMEA2000 network? I've got Canbus on the engines and I'd like to bridge
that data into an NMEA2000 network so I can see engine data on the
chartplotter. I'm aware there are physical connector differences, but what
else? Is it just a matter of interconnecting Canbus low/hi with the NMEA
signals?

Thanks,
-Bill Kearney

Tim September 19th 06 10:53 AM

canbus to nmea 2000?

Bill Kearney wrote:
What's involved with taking a CANBUS signal and interfacing it with an
NMEA2000 network? I've got Canbus on the engines and I'd like to bridge
that data into an NMEA2000 network so I can see engine data on the
chartplotter. I'm aware there are physical connector differences, but what
else? Is it just a matter of interconnecting Canbus low/hi with the NMEA
signals?

Thanks,
-Bill Kearney

Bill,
Check out Maretron.com. They make bridges to NMEA 2000 from both
analog engines and J1939 engines from the major manufacturers.
Tim