posted to rec.boats.electronics

Default outboard no spark

I just pickup my first river boat. It has a Force 9.9hp outboard. I took
it to the river and no go!!....I seems to be getting plenty of
fuel....pulled the plugs it was flooded cleaned them real good there fairly
new plugs. Checked for spark and it doesn't appear to be any. Its real
real clean under the cover all wires intact, great grounds, clean good
connections. Where do I check what do I do?

Tim Fisher

posted to rec.boats.electronics

Thanks for your reply!! I took the whole motor apart and cleaned absolutely
everything internally and externally. The motor was NOT corroded at all but
I still went through the motions. I put it all back together...new plugs
safety switches all correct...and still nothing. After of literally about
and hour staring and touching everything I realized the throttle didn't feel
right when it was on the start indicator so I slowly turned in counter clock
wise until it caught in a groove....and pulled the cord...PUFF PUFF smoke,
where there is smoke there is fire!!! 2 more pulls and it fired
off!!!!!...I grabbed a garbage can filled it with water dropped it in the
can and ran it for about 5 minutes. It smoked terribly but ran great!
Apparently the throttle jumped a tooth on the gear.

I appreciate you responding I was lost for quite awhile.

Tim Fisher

ps.com...

outboard no spark Tim Fisher General 3 September 12th 06 05:05 AM
Are Two Spark Plugs Compatible? [email protected] General 3 November 14th 05 05:10 PM
100th Anniversary of Outboard Don White General 6 July 16th 05 03:28 AM
outboard motor, almost had the problem figured out then....help? Chris General 1 June 4th 05 01:57 PM
Tiller and outboard - which one controls ? Sven General 6 December 6th 03 02:15 AM