posted to rec.boats.electronics
b393capt

Default What Book(s) to help design raymarine integration

I am interested in upgrading the wiring that came with my e-80
chartplotter, S1G autopilot, wind machine, and speed/depth instrument.
What are good reference matierals to read, to plan this out? I want
to accomplish:

- wind instrument receives boat speed (this works today)
- current position feed to my ICOM VHF, via NMEA (this works today)
- autopilot recieves wind direction and speed
- autopilot recieves way point information from charplotter
- chartplotter receives data from all instruments

posted to rec.boats.electronics
Kees Verruijt

b393capt wrote:
I am interested in upgrading the wiring that came with my e-80
chartplotter, S1G autopilot, wind machine, and speed/depth instrument.
What are good reference matierals to read, to plan this out? I want
to accomplish:

- wind instrument receives boat speed (this works today)
- current position feed to my ICOM VHF, via NMEA (this works today)
- autopilot recieves wind direction and speed
- autopilot recieves way point information from charplotter
- chartplotter receives data from all instruments

Assuming your wind/speed/depth is also Raymarine like your chartplotter
and autopilot, all you need to do for items 3,4 and 5 is to connect
*all* of them to Seatalk, like you already did for item 1.

Check out the diagrams in the back of the S1G manual, that should get
you on your way.

--
Kees
posted to rec.boats.electronics
Bill Kearney

I am interested in upgrading the wiring that came with my e-80
chartplotter, S1G autopilot, wind machine, and speed/depth instrument.
What are good reference matierals to read, to plan this out?

Talk with Raymarine. Their website support folks are pretty good at
answering complex questions.

I want to accomplish:
- autopilot recieves wind direction and speed
- autopilot recieves way point information from charplotter
- chartplotter receives data from all instruments

If you use Raymarine gear all this should interchange via Seatalk cabling.
Just a matter of stringing wire from device to device in a daisy-chain sort
of setup. Shouldn't be much trouble at all.