posted to rec.boats.electronics

Default group-buy: AIS receivers from MillTech Marine (SR161)

This deal will be open for about another week if anyone is interested.
You can drop us a line at the boat's email account he

Update on the deal -- unit price for group-buy is now $180 (using an
American manufacturer now):

This is the first update mail for the AIS receiver group buy.

The good news this week is that thanks to SY Secret O'Life tipping me
off we've now found an American manufacturer that offering us a
receiver (with the exact same features and specs) for a lower unit
price than we'd anticipated.

The new price per unit for this deal is $180. Shipping to the US will
run around $12 and a little more to Canada.

Product info page (SR161):

http://www.milltechmarine.com/SR161.htm

Package includes the AIS Receiver, a 9-pin serial cable, wiring and
connector for 12 volt power, product manual and a bonus CD with digital
charts and software for displaying AIS information.

We'll let this group-buy run a little longer this week and then send a
final email with payment details (via PayPal).

SY Mico Verde
www.micoverde.com

PS -- it's possible that if more orders come in this week we may be
able to move the price down a bit so forward this to any friends who
may be interested.

posted to rec.boats.electronics

FYI -- the price per unit has now dropped to $169 + shipping.

--Warren
SY Mico Verde
www.micoverde.com

posted to rec.boats.electronics
Meindert Sprang

wrote in message
oups.com...
This deal will be open for about another week if anyone is interested.
You can drop us a line at the boat's email account he

Update on the deal -- unit price for group-buy is now $180 (using an
American manufacturer now):

This is the first update mail for the AIS receiver group buy.

The good news this week is that thanks to SY Secret O'Life tipping me
off we've now found an American manufacturer that offering us a
receiver (with the exact same features and specs) for a lower unit
price than we'd anticipated.

The new price per unit for this deal is $180. Shipping to the US will
run around $12 and a little more to Canada.

Product info page (SR161):

http://www.milltechmarine.com/SR161.htm

American manufacturer???
This receiver is made by a chinese company
(http://smartradio.ebigchina.com). If you contact them directly, they'll be
happy to supply you even cheaper (from 50 units and up).

posted to rec.boats.electronics

You're correct -- should state "American reseller."

posted to rec.boats.electronics
luc

what's the difference between DSC and AIS? and also, is it possible to
test a VHFantenna other than by doing a radio check via voice
communication? Is there a qualitative difference between antennas, in
terms of manufacturer or construction style, etc?

posted to rec.boats.electronics
Gordon

Alright, price dropped $11 in only 12 minutes! If I wait another day I'll
get paid for getting one!
So what is the story? Who gets the money? etc
Thanks
Gordon
wrote in message
oups.com...
FYI -- the price per unit has now dropped to $169 + shipping.

--Warren
SY Mico Verde
www.micoverde.com

posted to rec.boats.electronics