posted to rec.boats.electronics
Sunset Sam

Default O.T. Fiberglass restoration

First I want to apologize for the off topic post, but I follow this
group to learn about marine electronics, and I figure most of you
probably know quite a bit about fiberglass also.

Please respond with info regarding my questions, or direct me to the
proper group.

I have an older fiberglass boat which was highly oxidized. I used a 3M
product, #09005 - Part #051131 Marine Fiberglass Restorer and Wax.

It did a pretty good job of removing most of the oxidation and left the
surface with some shine, but when the boat gets wet the remaining slight
oxidation completely disappears, and of course while wet it shines like
it has a clear coat on it.

Question #1) Is there a wax only that I should apply now?

Question #2) There is glue residue from stickers from past owners.
What is the best thing to use to remove this glue residue?