posted to rec.boats.electronics
Andina Marie

Default echo charge

Sorry for the slow response, Glen, just got back from Australia.

The statement that you can't charge different size batteries in
parallel is a very common but totally wrong concept. With over 26,000
of our combiners in the field doing just that, we would have had more
problems by now, with an unlimited warranty, if there was a problem.

See the article at http://www.yandina.com/combInfo.htm#Q32

A combiner costs less and charges faster than the echo charge.

Andina Marie

Glen "Wiley" Wilson wrote:
On 27 Feb 2006 09:58:30 -0800, "Andina Marie"
wrote:

Why spend that amount of money on a 14 amp Echo combiner when Defender
has 75 amp combiners for under $55?
And the 75 amp one is bi-directional so it will also charge the
starting battery when the shore power is charging the house battery.
And the 75 amp one comes with an UNLIMITED warranty from the
manufacturer.

Andina Mari

Perhaps the OP wants a different charge regime for starting batteries
vs house bank. I know I do - I use a single grp 27 for starting.
Don't really want that charging in parallel with my house bank.

Glen "Wiley" Wilson usenet1 SPAMNIX at world wide wiley dot com
To reply, lose the capitals and do the obvious.

Take a look at cpRepeater, my NMEA data integrator, repeater, and
logger at http://www.worldwidewiley.com/

posted to rec.boats.electronics
Len Krauss

I'm late getting to the party on this post, but I use the echo charger for
my starting battery and like it. Practically all my charging is done via
solar (with boost controller) into house flooded batteries. The echo unit
puts the overflow into the starting AGM battery. I do have a shore power
multistage charger on board that's hardly ever been used. Also, use a Link
20 to monitor both. I say "starting" battery but it really ins't used much
for that -- it is a backup, should all else fail.
Len

--
Eliminate "ns" for email address.
"anxious boater" wrote in message
Does any one have any experience with these devices. I understand with

these
you don't need battery switches, combiners or isolators.

http://www.e-marine-inc.com/products/echo.html

Thanks

Some people drink from the fountain of knowledge, others just gargle.

To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism; to steal from many is
research.