posted to rec.boats.electronics
Travelmate

Default Omnimax -do not buy

I purchased an active TV antenna setup for our yacht. Wired it up as
per the instructions and the amplifier unit near the TV went into
overload and shut down. Checked the co-ax and it was OK. Checked the
active antenna and it was a dead short. Not internal circuitry and even
the advertised red LED was missing. Completely useless.
Contacted Omnimax in England and they claimed it could not happen, but
I could send the antenna to England for checking. I am now in Thailand
and the freight would cost more than the entire unit.
Again contacted them but they did not reply to any other emails.
Their quality control is non existant and their customer service is the
same.
My advice - do not buy any OMNIMAX product.

Tony
S/V Ambrosia

posted to rec.boats.electronics
Wayne.B

On 5 Feb 2006 06:23:52 -0800, "Travelmate"
wrote:
I purchased an active TV antenna setup for our yacht. Wired it up as
per the instructions and the amplifier unit near the TV went into
overload and shut down. Checked the co-ax and it was OK. Checked the
active antenna and it was a dead short. Not internal circuitry and even
the advertised red LED was missing. Completely useless.
Contacted Omnimax in England and they claimed it could not happen, but
I could send the antenna to England for checking. I am now in Thailand
and the freight would cost more than the entire unit.
Again contacted them but they did not reply to any other emails.
Their quality control is non existant and their customer service is the
same.
My advice - do not buy any OMNIMAX product.

The one sold by West Marine seems to work for what it's worth.