posted to rec.boats.electronics

Default CONNECTING ECS GPS AIS AND RADAR

Hi folks,
i am a rather stupid mewbie to the world of NMEA, GPS, AIS and ECS...
i have
cmaps 4 installed on a pc with
garmin 128 GPS
and a nauticast AIS.
I also have a Bridgemaster radar on my boat...

is there any way that i can connect all of them together and get one
integrated display on the CMAPS ECS???

===============
A new bee who doesnt bite

posted to rec.boats.electronics
Wout B.

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi folks,
i am a rather stupid mewbie to the world of NMEA, GPS, AIS and ECS...
i have
cmaps 4 installed on a pc with
garmin 128 GPS
and a nauticast AIS.
I also have a Bridgemaster radar on my boat...

is there any way that i can connect all of them together and get one
integrated display on the CMAPS ECS???

===============
A new bee who doesnt bite

Hi,
For combining the data from the various sources and inputting it via a
single port in your computer, you'll need a NMEA multiplexer. Have a look
he
http://brookhouseonline.com/nmea_multiplexer.htm
Wout

posted to rec.boats.electronics

But will it work with the CMAPS ECS??? Im not sure???

posted to rec.boats.electronics
Wout B.

The multiplexer combines sentences to a single data stream but leaves the
original sentences untouched (unless you want to make changes deliberately,
by loading a script). If your CMAPS ECS supports AIS and the input port can
be configured for 38400 bps reception, it will work.
Wout

wrote in message
ups.com...
But will it work with the CMAPS ECS??? Im not sure???