posted to rec.boats.electronics

Default AIS Compatability with Furuno Radars and Nobeltec Admiral already on board

I have 2 Furuno radars on board and use Nobeltec Admiral. I want to
add full AIS. Nobeltec offers receive only unit. I've been advised
that Simrad has excellent AIS unit. Will that interface with my Furuno
Radar also? Do I want it to? I am I better with Furuno AIS.
Suggestions and comments appreciated. Thank you.

posted to rec.boats.electronics
markvictor

Yes, the Simrad unit will work with your Furuno radar.
it uses NMEA and will interface with with your equipment with simple
connections. I have installed that combo on a Maersk Freighter and it
worked nicely...Just pay particular attention to the setup process....
regards,
markvictor