Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
William Andersen

Default Dimmer for instrument lights

Anyone know what I need to buy to add a dimmer to my instrument lights?
I want to be able to control the intensity of my instrument lights. They are
not shielded and reflect on the windshield, making it impossible to sit and
look through the windshield. We have to stand while at the wheel at night.
I've changed to red light bulbs, but the instrument panel is tilted so much
there's no way to shield the windshield from the reflected light.
I went to a Radio Shack today and all they could come up with was to offer a
volume control knob mounted on a wall switch plate. Since I'm not a techie,
I need to know exactly what to ask for, since they seem to know even less
than me.