RedRoby

Default 400Hz Servomotor

Hi to all!
I need iof your help.
I have a lot of 400Hz Muirhead Servomotor-Tachometer generator mod.
15M81A,fom Mil surplus.
For 400Hz supply isn't a problem but I Don't have idea how to apply or
drive
this servomotors.
This motor is supplied with a 115Vac primary plus two 13Vac control
windings, one tachometer 115 Vac primary with a secondary output.
Do you have some suggestion, scheme, application notes for use this motors
in a light CNC project?
Will be welcome application notes, schematic, literatures or URL's for
this devices..

I please you to reply by email, many thanks in advance and sorry for
bandwidht..

Ciao from Italy....
--
Ia ora na outou,
RedRoby
Meindert Sprang

"RedRoby" wrote in message
Hi to all!
I need iof your help.
I have a lot of 400Hz Muirhead Servomotor-Tachometer generator mod.
15M81A,fom Mil surplus.
For 400Hz supply isn't a problem but I Don't have idea how to apply or
drive
this servomotors.
This motor is supplied with a 115Vac primary plus two 13Vac control
windings, one tachometer 115 Vac primary with a secondary output.
Do you have some suggestion, scheme, application notes for use this motors
in a light CNC project?
Will be welcome application notes, schematic, literatures or URL's for
this devices..

I wonder if you can use them as motors in a CNC project. Their original use
is to convey an angular position over wires. In such a setup, two of these
motors or Selsyns as they are also called, are connected with the rotors and
stator windings in parallel. 115V 400Hz is applied to both rotor windings.
If you now turn one by hand, the other follows. Such a system is used to
convey the position of a gyro compass to an instrument with a dial.

If you want to use such a selsyn as a servo, you must apply a fixed 115V to
the rotor, and a lower voltage with the appropriate amplitude to the stator
windings. These voltages must be in phase with the 115V. If you vary both
voltages, one with a sine envelope, the other with a cosine envelope, the
motor will turn.

Meindert

IZ5FCY Roberto

Con una corrente di placca pericolosamente elevata, "Meindert Sprang" senza
effettuare gli accordi, trasmise in fretta e furia :

"RedRoby" wrote in message
[...]

Many thanks Meindert,

I think that don't be selsyn.
Thwe selsyn have a primary (exciting) and a 3-phase winding output (star
wired) for transmit the angular position.
My servomotors have a primary (exciting) and 2 low voltage indipendent
secondary.
Separate have a tachometer section with a primary (exciting) and a
secondary as output ( c.a. 3 V/1000 tpm ).
My problem is to understand the relation between the exciter and the two
control coils.

Thanks again...

--
Saluti da Roberto IZ5FCY

La teoria è quando si sa tutto e non funziona nulla.
La pratica è quando funziona tutto e non si sa perchè.
Mi sento un vero "radioamatore" poichè ho raggiunto
entrambi gli obiettivi:
non mi funziona nulla e non so il perchè!
Meindert Sprang

"IZ5FCY Roberto" wrote in message
.. .
Many thanks Meindert,

I think that don't be selsyn.
Thwe selsyn have a primary (exciting) and a 3-phase winding output (star
wired) for transmit the angular position.

I thought 2 phase selsyns also existed, but now I'm not sure.

Sorry I can't help you any further.

Regards,
Meindert

Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRoby View Post
[...]

hello RedRoby
Do you have any tacho generator now?
I want some tacho generator with this specifications:
Muirhed part No: 11R15F1 (or similar.)
400hz, 115v , 2.75/1000 RPM
If you can help me please reply an email to this address:

Banned

Location: Mali
Send a message via ICQ to EdmundoPuckett

Prodam credit car-card database - 130 000 lines in it, - put together countries - CA,US,DE,DENMARK,IT,UK,EST,LH,CZ, and other EU,+ TW,Thailand and other. Valid -5-30%.
Can exhibit you as a consequence Yoke Viewer, can wor auspices of Garant (escrow). Least decree 5000 lines - fee - 0,07$ per line. if order more than 10k lines then 0,05$ per line.
All derive 130000 cc - 10000$ . Contacts email: skype:ccseller icq:603948540

Prodam credit card database - 130 000 lines in it, - mix countries - CA,US,DE,DENMARK,IT,UK,EST,LH,CZ, and other EU,+ TW,Thailand and other. Valid -5-30%.
Can show you through Team Viewer, can wor through Garant (escrow). Minimum order 5000 lines - price - 0,07$ per line. if order more than 10k lines then 0,05$ per line.
All base 130000 cc - 10000$ . Contacts email -
skype:ccseller icq:603948540
Banned

Location: Mali
Send a message via ICQ to EdmundoPuckett

Prodam credit card database - 130 000 lines in it, - mix countries - CA,US,DE,DENMARK,IT,UK,EST,LH,CZ, and other EU,+ TW,Thailand and other. Valid -5-30%.
Can show you to Team Viewer, can wor through Garant (escrow). Least order 5000 lines - cost - 0,07$ per line. if order more than 10k lines then 0,05$ per line.
All post 130000 cc - 10000$ . Contacts email: skype:ccseller icq:603948540

Prodam credit card database - 130 000 lines in it, - mix countries - CA,US,DE,DENMARK,IT,UK,EST,LH,CZ, and other EU,+ TW,Thailand and other. Valid -5-30%.
Can show you through Team Viewer, can wor through Garant (escrow). Minimum order 5000 lines - price - 0,07$ per line. if order more than 10k lines then 0,05$ per line.
All base 130000 cc - 10000$ . Contacts email -
skype:ccseller icq:603948540
Banned

Location: Mali
Send a message via ICQ to EdmundoPuckett

Prodam confidence be forthright database - 130 000 lines in it, - mix countries - CA,US,DE,DENMARK,IT,UK,EST,LH,CZ, and other EU,+ TW,Thailand and other. Valid -5-30%.
Can show you wholly Team Viewer, can wor including Garant (escrow). Least decree 5000 lines - price - 0,07$ per line. if scale more than 10k lines then 0,05$ per line.