Default Will Your Upgraded McMurdo EPIRB or PLB Really Work?

Will your upgraded McMurdo EPIRB or PLB really work? We'd sure like
to find out and we hope you'll help us, at no cost to you except a
few minutes of your time. The non-profit, independent Equipped To
Survive Foundation www.equipped.org is conducting another test of 406
MHz Location Protocol (GPS equipped) Emergency Beacons, a follow-up to
last year's test www.equipped.org/406_beacon_test_toc.htm.

As before, West Marine and BoatUS Foundation are helping to support
these tests. If your EPIRB or PLB was upgraded for free by McMurdo,
thank us. We did the testing that revealed the problems that raised the
ruckus that got it done. Now we want to follow-up and see if their fix
works as promised. McMurdo has the confidence to participate in our
upcoming test and is providing us with replacement beacons to send you,
if you'll send us yours.

The rules are very simple:

1. You must own a McMurdo Precision 406 MHz GPS EPIRB or Fastfind Plus
406 MHz GPS PLB that was sent in for the free upgrade by McMurdo.

2. While self-test(s) can have been performed, the beacon must not
have been activated or used and the witness seal must be unbroken. The
beacon must be clean and undamaged with the exception of minimal
scuffing or weathering from normal use.

3. You must be located in the continental U.S. and be able to receive
and ship via UPS Ground.

Upon acceptance into the program, we will ship you a self-addressed,
pre-paid box including packing material in which to pack your beacon
and ship it to us. Upon receipt of your beacon and verification that is
meets rules 1 and 2 above, West Marine will ship you a brand new
beacon. It is that simple.

With only a few minutes of your time and very little effort you can
help us advance the cause of safety. If you are interested in helping
with this important safety evaluation, please email me at:

Doug Ritter

EPIRB decal question Gary General 3 January 8th 05 02:35 AM
Safety gear, kayak,open ocean, Hawaii, ACR 406 EPIRB, Katadyn Survivor 35, epipen Scott Bemis General 0 March 16th 04 06:51 PM
FS: EPIRB in MA cohenandy Electronics 0 March 1st 04 01:16 PM
FS: EPIRB in MA cohenandy Marketplace 0 February 25th 04 01:29 PM
FS: EPIRB in MA cohenandy Marketplace 0 February 24th 04 06:52 PM