Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Wellfooled

Default SSB to shore?

Did a search for my question, but didn't find anything, so if I missed
this, I apologize.

Getting ready to sail a new boat from San Francisco to Newport, OR in
May, and we'd like to let the home folks know every couple of days that
everything is OK (or not). So my question, is there was a way to use
SSB to communicate with a shore based phone line? Something on the
order of using the SSB to call either a phone, or a shore station that
could relay a message, or something.

I've read on this forum how to use the SSB to send/receive email, and
we'll be working that issue, but wondered if there was a simple, legal
way to "phone home".

Thanks in advance for any help.