Larry W4CSC

chuck wrote in :

Hello again Larry,

Are you recommending diodes with a 50 V (PIV, I assume) rating?

Chuck

Sure. If this bank of diodes is reversed biased, the OTHER bank of diodes
is FORWARD biased. The most PIV either side of the bridge has to withstand
is 1.2V, peak, in each half-cycle of AC or DC.

There isn't any PIV to speak of with diodes hooked up like a galvanic
isolator.

50V is plenty.....overkill!

Robert Miles

Built one here..
75A bridge rectifier.. couple of terminals.. and a plastic box.. Same as I
saw in the boat shows at £75.. mine cost me less than £10.. all parts new..

Bob
GM4CAQ

"chuck" wrote in message
Good point!