Sailor Wout

Default transistors

Hi,
I'm repairing my old Belcom VHF radio, but I cannot find the following
transistors locally:
(Mitsubishi)
C1946A 7ZJ
C2237 85E
I don't want to buy 100, just one or two of each. If someone has a few of
these spare or knows a supplier that will ship small quantities to Auckland,
New Zealand, please email me direct. I can pay you in advance thru Paypal.

Many thanks,
Wout

Peter Bennett

On Sun, 6 Feb 2005 15:22:12 +1300, "Sailor Wout"
wrote:

Hi,
I'm repairing my old Belcom VHF radio, but I cannot find the following
transistors locally:
(Mitsubishi)
C1946A 7ZJ
C2237 85E

Don't know a source, but just want to mention that the Japanese
generally leave the "2S" prefix off the parts - the transistors you
want are probably 2SC1946A and 2SC2237 - the remaining numbers are
probably date codes.

--
Peter Bennett, VE7CEI
peterbb4 (at) interchange.ubc.ca
Dennis Pogson

Sailor Wout wrote:
Hi,
I'm repairing my old Belcom VHF radio, but I cannot find the following
transistors locally:
(Mitsubishi)
C1946A 7ZJ
C2237 85E
I don't want to buy 100, just one or two of each. If someone has a
few of these spare or knows a supplier that will ship small
quantities to Auckland, New Zealand, please email me direct. I can
pay you in advance thru Paypal.

Many thanks,
Wout

You could try Maplin at www.maplin.co.uk They may well have an export
business. Their catalog is massive.
Remove "nospam" from return address.

Sailor Wout

news.com...
wrote:

Hi,
I'm repairing my old Belcom VHF radio, but I cannot find the following
transistors locally:
(Mitsubishi)
C1946A 7ZJ
C2237 85E

Don't know a source, but just want to mention that the Japanese
generally leave the "2S" prefix off the parts - the transistors you
want are probably 2SC1946A and 2SC2237 - the remaining numbers are
probably date codes.

--
Peter Bennett, VE7CEI
peterbb4 (at) interchange.ubc.ca

Thanks Peter,
You're absolutely right.
Wout

Sailor Wout

"Dennis Pogson" wrote in message
Sailor Wout wrote:
Hi,
I'm repairing my old Belcom VHF radio, but I cannot find the following
transistors locally:
(Mitsubishi)
C1946A 7ZJ
C2237 85E
I don't want to buy 100, just one or two of each. If someone has a
few of these spare or knows a supplier that will ship small
quantities to Auckland, New Zealand, please email me direct. I can
pay you in advance thru Paypal.

Many thanks,
Wout

You could try Maplin at www.maplin.co.uk They may well have an export
business. Their catalog is massive.
Remove "nospam" from return address.

Thanks very much Dennis,
Wout

Larry W4CSC

I order many hard-to-find semiconductors from Vancouver, BC's Pacific
Semiconductors.
http://www.pacificsemi.com/
They do have a Canadian $25 minimum order + shipping (They use 1.25:1 ratio
to the US Dollar which is fair) and ship really fast.

To give you an example of the prices, the STK-4040V, 100W power amp audio
bricks I just got were about $6 each, compared to the NTE replacement
(which is an STK4040V with an NTE sticker stuck to it) at $US20.02 each
from Mouser Electronics, my usual no-minimum-order electronics supplier:
http://www.mouser.com
I just order extras if I don't have other semis to buy from Pacific. I
haven't found any place cheaper to buy old semiconductors than Pacific.
So, instead of one at $20 + shipping/handling, I get 5 extras for about the
same money...(c;

Your C1946A is actually a Japanese 2SC1946A
Your C2237 is actually a Japanese 2SC2237

Pacific Semi has 2SC1946A for $US10 each
2SC2237 shows 0 inventory for $US11.78 each so you'd have to wait for that
one to be replenished. Mouser crosses 2SC2237 to an NTE344 at $29.73 and
they have it in-stock. You can buy just one of anything at Mouser. They
have no minimum order. I'd email Pac Semi and ask them how long you have
to wait to get 2SC2237 for $US11.78. The two together would be near the
$25 minimum and is STILL much cheaper for BOTH than for one from an NTE
supplier shipping you the same parts. Pacific Semi is a great place to buy
semiconductors of any kind.

Thank you Canada!!

Hope this helps you find your parts.....

Peter Bennett wrote in
news.com:

wrote:

Hi,
I'm repairing my old Belcom VHF radio, but I cannot find the following
transistors locally:
(Mitsubishi)
C1946A 7ZJ
C2237 85E

Don't know a source, but just want to mention that the Japanese
generally leave the "2S" prefix off the parts - the transistors you
want are probably 2SC1946A and 2SC2237 - the remaining numbers are
probably date codes.

Larry W4CSC

"Sailor Wout" wrote in
:

Now that's what I call good advice!
Thanks Larry

You're quite welcome....I buy from Pac Semi all the time....

Steve

I have had a look in the towers book but there are no equivalents listed
for these 2 transistors. If you get really stuck I can provide the specs
for them so you can attempt to find something similar.

Steve