Rickard

Default Any free downloadable nav program on the net?

Doas anyone know of any such program?

Best regards

Rickard

http://www.yachtloan.info
Kenth Zingmark

http://www.sping.com/seaclear/

"Rickard" skrev i meddelandet
om...
Doas anyone know of any such program?

Best regards

Rickard

http://www.yachtloan.info

BrianR

"Rickard" wrote in message
om...
Doas anyone know of any such program?

Best regards

Rickard

http://www.yachtloan.info

Try Oziexplorer, I use it on my Laptop linked to a Garmin GPS and find it
very good. I use it with charts I've scanned myself (bmp) you can easily
update the charts using a graphics package like Paint Shop Pro.
http://www.oziexplorer.com/
Hope this helps,
Brian

Jack Erbes

BrianR wrote:

Try Oziexplorer, I use it on my Laptop linked to a Garmin GPS and find it
very good. I use it with charts I've scanned myself (bmp) you can easily
update the charts using a graphics package like Paint Shop Pro.
http://www.oziexplorer.com/
Hope this helps,
Brian

Are you using the trial version and doing all that with it?

According to the Ozi Explorer web page the trial version has some
limitations compared to the purchased version, more info on the
limitations he

http://216.218.220.254/eng/full_version.html

But, as the Ozi people recommend, it is a good idea to get the trial
version working before purchasing unlock codes.

To the question asked, SeaClear II is freeware now. And it is very good
IMHO, a generous donation to the public domain.

http://www.sping.com/seaclear/

SeaClear supports BSB/KAP and GEO/NOS charts now. It is unfortunate
that it does not support S-57 or ENC charts. Maybe it will eventually.

Jack

--
Jack Erbes in Ellsworth, Maine, USA - jacker at midmaine dot com
Rickard

"BrianR" wrote in message ...
"Rickard" wrote in message
om...
Doas anyone know of any such program?

Best regards

Rickard

http://www.yachtloan.info

Try Oziexplorer, I use it on my Laptop linked to a Garmin GPS and find it
very good. I use it with charts I've scanned myself (bmp) you can easily
update the charts using a graphics package like Paint Shop Pro.
http://www.oziexplorer.com/
Hope this helps,
Brian

Thanks!

Best regards

Rickard

Figment

Started with trial version, now using full version, main difference is that
the full version allows 9 calibration points for each chart, trial version
only 3.
Regards,
Brian

"Jack Erbes" wrote in message
BrianR wrote:

[...]

Kenth Zingmark

OK!
Thanks for info!!!
Best regards

skrev i meddelandet
On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 07:36:29 +0100, "Kenth Zingmark"
wrote:

http://www.sping.com/seaclear/

"Rickard" skrev i meddelandet
.com...
Doas anyone know of any such program?

Best regards

Rickard

http://www.boatloans.xxx

Rickard is a spammer who only posted that question as a means to post
a link to his website. He has posted outright ads for the same in
other groups.

BB

Figment

"Jack Erbes" wrote in message
BrianR wrote:

[...]

I started with the trial version, but now use the full version.
The main difference is that the trial version uses 3 calibration points per
chart, the full version 9.

I looked at SeaClear but didn't consider as good as OziExplorer, could be
because I'm used to Ozi.

Regards,
Brian

Dennis Pogson

Remove "nospam" from return address.
"Figment" wrote in message

"Jack Erbes" wrote in message
BrianR wrote:

[...]

I've used both, and I'm afraid Seaclear doesn't even start to compare with
Ozi. Have used Ozi for about 4 years now, and am still discovering new
features I didn't know existed. I can take an British "Admiralty" chart and
improve it out of all recognition using the facilities in Ozi. Hovever, many
users give up the ghost before they've even tried it.

---

A FREE Gift That Last Beyond Xmas Kim Hang General 0 November 25th 03 09:03 PM
OT - Boot Magic Simple Simon ASA 6 November 3rd 03 08:35 PM
REQ: Crack for Maxsea V10 patrice Tall Ships 1 August 2nd 03 01:53 AM